1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Help me pick the colour of my large satchel!

Discussion in 'SaddleBack Leather Company' started by Cosmos, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Cosmos

Cosmos

Apr 24, 2012
    So I was really pleased to find out that I was due a sizeable tax refund in a couple of weeks so after paying off my yearly student loan obligation and putting some in savings, I find I still have enough to go shopping with:cool:

Been drooling over a satchel as a casual/EDC bag in the large size that I can bring around town yet still not feel under-dressed during casual Fridays at the finance firm I work at. Definitely have it narrowed down to either the Tobacco Brown or the Chestnut variety. I think I like the Tobacco Brown because it ages the best, while the Chestnut really has an air of class and elegance that I really like. I think this is going to be an important decision since I plan on getting a Large Briefcase in the same colour when Christmas rolls over.

I guess I am just looking for opinions, pictures, stories, experiences etc. with the two colours and the satchel in general.

Thanks folks!

2. roughneckrob

roughneckrob

Jul 3, 2009
    I have a bunch of stuff from Sadddleback in all different colours. I only have one bag and thats a Messenger bag in chestnut. It is a great colour but I am very fond of my tobacco iPad case. I think the tobacco is the one to go with, it just looks nice and I think it will age very well.

3. Cosmos

Cosmos

Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks! The tobacco just seems very nice and goes with everything.. I am this close to getting one :) If nothing changes my mind before I get credited my refund, I will go with the tobacco!

4. rockcrawler

rockcrawler

Mar 8, 2012
    Another vote for the Tobacco. The Chestnut might look a little more formal but the Tobacco just gets better looking as it ages.