Hot dang! Look what i got coming! Bushcrafter.

Hey guys. I ordered a knife from Adam a bit ago. couldn't even tell you when. Adam sent me an email this over the weekend with some pics, but just saw it this morning. Nice surprise on a Monday morning.

I have one of his bushcrafters in scandi and was so impressed, i decided i wanted to try the same configuration in his "standard" grind. And wow, he nailed it. I don't mean to brag, but i'm just blown away. check it out....

AAForge1.jpg

AAForge4.jpg

AAForge5.jpg

AAForge6.jpg

Thanks Adam. this is just what i was hoping for. Beautiful. I can't wait to get 'er cuttin'!

Adam built me a custom Camp Knife a year or so ago and it is among one of my most prized knives...his work is impeccable. (pictures courtesy of Adam :) )

Last edited:
That's a pretty high grind, what is the blade thickness on that beauty & is that convexed or a micro-bevel?

nice camp knife 1S1K. here's my current. this is my most used outdoor knife. i have one other that probably gets more kitchen time....
IMG_1771.jpg

That's a pretty high grind, what is the blade thickness on that beauty & is that convexed or a micro-bevel?

his standard grind is a saber grind. I believe it is a flat grind with a secondary bevel. the steel is 1/8", and i think it is O1, if i remember correctly.

EDIT: checked myself, and looks like i got it right. check it out GooberBoober....
http://aaforge.com/Info.html

Last edited:
Thank you TPVT for the post! I hope you enjoy it and get some good use out of it! yes, it is 1/8" O1 and my standard grind is a flat saber grind with a small secondary.

I just got it in the mail this morning, so you should have it by Thursday.

Thank you TPVT for the post! I hope you enjoy it and get some good use out of it! yes, it is 1/8" O1 and my standard grind is a flat saber grind with a small secondary.

I just got it in the mail this morning, so you should have it by Thursday.

thanks Adam. i have a feeling, this is going to be "the one". Looking forward to Thursday!

AWESOME!!! You are correct. His work is out of sight!!! I have a Woodsrunner and it is one of my prize knives. Love it.

Martin

Thanks for the details on the grind & blade thickness & link!

Do you baton with these knives too? If so I'm very curious if your latest one holds up better under hard use than the scandi version.

I use my Spydie Bushcraft for fire-prep a lot, but it chips & rolls rather easily if I'm not careful & I'm considering putting a slight convex on it so I don't have to fix it that often, even though I really like the scandi-grind.

Thanks for the details on the grind & blade thickness & link!

Do you baton with these knives too? If so I'm very curious if your latest one holds up better under hard use than the scandi version.

I use my Spydie Bushcraft for fire-prep a lot, but it chips & rolls rather easily if I'm not careful & I'm considering putting a slight convex on it so I don't have to fix it that often, even though I really like the scandi-grind.

i try not to for the reasons you mentioned. but, i have. i will post back here once i have a chance to use it a bit.

Boom! got it! what a gorgeous knife. it's supposed to by nice tomorrow, so i will wait to take glamor shots then.

thanks Adam!

Great Looking Knife TPVT....Congrat's!!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!!

That means Adam is one more closer to mine...Whoo Hooo!!!

Great Looking Knife TPVT....Congrat's!!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!!

That means Adam is one more closer to mine...Whoo Hooo!!!

nice buddy! can't wait to see what you got coming.

i hate to say it, but as will happen, i got busy. no great in-use photos. i am heading away for a week starting tomorrow. i will get some good pics when i return.

but, for now, here is a tease....
IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

Haha, I know, just messing with ya ;)

I got a pair for back-packing myself, they're great to let the feet air-out in after a day of hiking.

Back