how does one measure inseam? to the top of foot or right to the floor? need pants...

inseam is measured from the joint between the leg and the groin, to the ankle bone inside the leg. Add one inch to make a little bit of a "slouch" to the pant leg.

trek-measurement.jpg

You can always shorten the inseam easily ,in fact you can get pants unhemmed so you can make it for you .

That "slouch" is called break. Depending on what kind of pants you're buying, you may or may not want too much of it. It should be obvious if these are dress pants, that you don't want an excessive amount of break. I go for 1/2 break or 1/4 break. These are not measurements in inches. Your tailor will know what you refer to if you tell him this stuff.

Yes, measured to the inside crotch to whatever length you like. For some, it depends on the shoes, heel height, dress vs casual, and so forth. I would suggest that you just go to a department store and try on some things to get a feel for it. If you are using a tailor, they know what to do.

errrm, is this your first pair of pants or something? :p

whoa whoa whoa..........I wear kilts :hororr: ............lol.....

BWBarScene_LFleischer.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6918_1130119209522_1123489805_30326.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PipingtheHaggis.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

24038_10100259425022064_9379626_675.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MeatStalingradscanned-JPEG.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NewDigiKilt3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

5b3adfd8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mwahahahahahahaha!

Why are those girls above dressed like men? WTH?!?

I like a bit of extra to my pant legs so I know it will work with all my footware. When trying on pants I have found that what looks good when I have boots may not look good when I have shoes on, so I make it a point to shop for pants when I am wearing shoes rather than boots.

Why are those girls above dressed like men? WTH?!?

lol.....they are Scottish Highland Dancers [The Broad Sword] in the street band I'm in and I'm their Piper. The Drum Major in the background is just a camera-ham....LOL

Back