How I spent my Saturday afternoon

Bobby Branton

How I spent my Saturday afternoon

I was getting ready to go out to get a hair cut, when my buddy who runs a huge campground came over with a couple of Scoutmasters. They were sitting around talking about knives and my name came up. So, these Scoutmasters asked if I would run down to the campground and show the scouts how to throw knives.
I put my portable target in the truck and rode down to the campground. There were approx 45 scouts and leaders and they were all over the campground, so I took a quick shot of the first group to show up. What a great bunch of kids. All were very well behaved and had manners. They asked the right questions about knife throwing and caring for knives in general. It was an honor to spend my afternoon teaching these kids about knives.
It was a tough call, but they managed to talk me into staying for dinner. Lowcountry stew (shrimp, sausage, corn on the cob all cooked together in a crab boil) served with cornbread. They had apple cobbler and pineapple upside down cake for dessert. The cornbread and cobbler and cake were cooked on the ground in dutch ovens. I learned a little something from them also.

Attachments

• scout troop.jpg
    scout troop.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 100
Thats awesome. Some of my best memories as a kid involved scouting. My father worked all the time, so that's where I learned almost everything I know about the outdoors. I'm sure you made a difference in some young fella's life. Good Job!
Scott

Where were you when I was a Boy Scout? I ended up breaking my dime store bowie knife trying to throw it into a tree on a camp out!

Back