1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

How To and Tips Articles?

Discussion in 'Armoralleather' started by leatherman, Jan 27, 2017.

1. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator

Nov 30, 2001
    A recent question in a thread here got me to thinking, would anyone be interested in a series of small "how to" and tips articles?

I figured its best to host them here as my particular sheath making style seems to really rub a couple of makers here the wrong way and I'm simply weary of dealing with it. :confused:

Also, I find really good articles online from time to time that I can link and put in a thread of its own.

2. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    looking forward to

3. harronek

harronek Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I'd be very interested , tutorials and reading about how different people do things are what got me started in this great hobby .
    I cant speak for anyone else , but I'm not to old to learn new tricks .
    I say " go for it " and I promise I wont interrupt :thumbup:

Ken

4. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Very good! I will get to them as I get the time to sit with the computer. :)

No worries at all interrupting, if you have questions please do ask! The issue came from mean spirited criticism, and when cautioning about a volatile chemical causing nerve damage the word "stupid" was used in response.

5. Isaacherring

Isaacherring

Oct 27, 2015
    I would very much appreciate some tips and tricks!

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I love your sheath work mate so always happy to read more about it !

7. Airborne 1

Airborne 1

Apr 23, 2014
    Looking forward to it !!

2 Panther

8. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    I've picked your brain enough in the past, I'd love more tips and how-to's. It's crazy how you can work on this stuff for a couple years and find something as basic and useful as something like thinning Barge.

9. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Thanks for the reminder man! :D I need to sit and write down some thoughts.

One thing dawned on me the other day, we that have been doing this for so long that certain "habits" we take for granted might not be so simple to someone else.

grogimus likes this.
  10. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I'm subscribed.