How to post pictures?

I've looked hard but can't find any tips on how to post pictures??

Help, please . . .

You're a Gold Member so you can do it the cool way -- upload your pix directly from your computer to the Bladeforums servers. Click the "Manage Attachments" button under the box where you write your post and a new window will pop up. Just follow the directions to attach your file. (If you are running a popup ad blocker that assumes all small windows are ads you'll have to place Bladeforums in its trusted zone.)

You can try a test post in this thread. If you have any difficulty we'll help you. :cool:

Now . . . If I want the pix to show up as full size as opposed to a thumbnail, how do I do that?

There are ways to do that, but Spark's idea is to save bandwidth with thumbnails. That way people can look at the full-size pic when it's posted, and don't have to download it again every time they open the thread again to see newer posts.

OK, how about this...???

I love to post and don't clog up the BladeForums system with my photos, so I host them outside. As many others do.

For me to post a photo with a thumbnail is a long process which requires a separate thumbnail of the same image hosted elsewhere. Here is the code (with spaces added to disable)

Thumbnail linking URL:
[ URL=http: //www.big pic.jpg][ IMG]http: //www.thumbnail.jpg[/IMG][/url]

So.... my question is, does the vBulletin software have a feature that would allow me to quickly use my own hosted photo with a thumbnail click link? A button that would save me (and others) the trouble of doing the above. It sure would be nice.

Second point, I *really* don't like when I post an image via the buttons on the top and it adds the image in full size into the posting window. Finding the bottom of the photo to continue the post is difficult. I like it to return to the [img)photo[/img] tags that it used to be.

Thanks for considering my two cents...

Coop

You can still type in the same vBulletin code you always did. I don't use the mouse when I'm writing a post myself; it's much faster to just type the code if you know it. :cool:

I think if you first click the "insert image" icon and enter the thumbnail url in the dialogue box, you can then highlight that and click the "insert link" icon and enter the url of the full-size picture in that dialogue box. I think that will work; haven't actually tried it. If my guess doesn't work, as a last resort you could read the vBulletin FAQ (click on FAQ near the top of any page here).

One more thing -- go to your User Control Panel and Edit Options. You can choose between three different message editors. Only one of them is WYSISYG -- sounds like you'd be happier using one of the others.

Lemme give it a try....

OK! Two improvements. I changed my edit options in the Control Panel as you said. I got rid of the WYSIWYG interface. Good.

And..... I did just as you said. Fortunately for me, Fototime uses the same URL but changes a suffix from '.thumbnail.jpg' to '.orig.jpg' to display either. Insert original image, change the suffix, and then highlight that to insert the original link. Mouse and all..... ;)

Thanks Cougar. I needed that!

Coop

Testing testing (sorry not knife related but those will come in other threads)
MustangGT3.jpg

A filename or url that ends with .html is a web page, not a picture. Look for one that ends with .jpg

Right-click on the picture and choose properties. :cool:

Back