1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

HSN Knife Collector's Show

Discussion in 'Blade Discussion Forum Archive' started by Phillip, Jan 25, 2000.

1. Phillip

Phillip

Dec 25, 1998
    I just heard on the KCS (please, no comments on why I would be watching this tripe) that these idiots were at the SHOT Show last week. Someone who attended please tell me that you set these jokers straight!
    What the hell would they be doing at SHOT?? It isn't like they sell any good quality blades, or is that about to change?

2. GeneL74

GeneL74

Nov 16, 1999
    Those 2 clowns that hock those junk knives make me sick!!!!!

Recently my daughter was in the hospital and I was flipping through the channels in the middle of the night and low and behold there they were. I almost got sick listening to them! I seriously thought about giving them a call and telling the operator how wonderful I thought the deal's were and just seeing if I might could get them on the phone. Now I completely understand that there IS a market for junk knives, and if that is what people want I will sale them to you all day long, but I will never, ever go on and on telling you what kind of a bargain you are getting on such fantastic knives! How them jokers can do it with a straight face is beyond me!

Then there are the folks calling in saying how wonderful the knives are. It really scared me! Surely the phone calls are set-up. I just can't imagine anyone buying this crap and not being disappointed.

Oh Well, enough ranting! Just my thoughts on the subject! [​IMG]

3. cerulean

cerulean

May 26, 1999
    I've tried calling those kinds of shows before. The screener won't let you talk publicly unless you can prove that you've bought something there. They say something to the effect of, "Are you a home shopping club member?" And if you answer in the affirmative, they require a number code as evidence.

------------------
    Cerulean

What the hammer? what the chain?
    In what furnace was thy brain?
    - Blake

4. Frank

Frank

Oct 3, 1998
    That's the funniest show on TV. Those 2 con men are such idiots it makes me laugh.

5. Paracelsus

Paracelsus

Nov 6, 1999
    HSN 'knife' salesmen:

Evil, cynical, devious, dastardly, mean-spirited, manipulative, soul-less, cunning, crafty, greedy, and amoral? YES

Idiots? NO. Well, maybe their customers.

Paracelsus

Oh, I agree it is a very FUNNY show. [​IMG]

6. Dexter Ewing

Dexter Ewing Moderator & Gold Member

Oct 3, 1998
    I dunno what those fellas look like but my guess is that they were at SHOT to see Frost Cutlery to get more ju...er, stuff to sell this year [dex ducks and runs] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Dexter Ewing
    Knife Reviews Moderator
    AKTI Member # A000005

[This message has been edited by Dexter Ewing (edited 01-25-2000).]

7. Phillip

Phillip

Dec 25, 1998
    LOL! Yeah Dex, Frost Cutlery is probably coming out with a couple of new specials for them to peddle. I can see it now: The Windbag Bowie and Flatulent Katana.

8. Dan K

Dan K

Oct 4, 1998
    Hi All,
    Are we talking about the Home Shopping Network or are we talking about the Shop at Home Network??? Not the same thing, although the products are about the same.
    Dan

9. Ebbtide

Ebbtide

Aug 20, 1999
    You mean it's NOT a sit-com???!!