I am going for my Beckerhead number, post 1

gunknifenut

KILJOY KutLery, hand made in Luling Texas
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have been collecting knives for a LONG time, and have owned over 12 Beckers ranging from the BlackJack days, till now...
Right now..I own a BK9. I think its the best of the Becker line, and would like some wilderness challenges to go out and test it.
I work a lot, but I can usually get out in the woods on Sunday mornings...
Sooo...what should the first "test" be? I already know the knife, and know what it can do..so basically, I thought it would be cool to throw this out there...and become a Beckerhead interactively.

What do you guys and gals think?

SaaaWeeeet.. glad to have you aboard.. I personally don't own a 9, and since you already know what its capable of I'm sure you find something to throw at it while you're there..

Just don't test it by 'throwing it at trees'.. :))

Myself it being a larger knife, most of my time with it in the bush would be chopping and batoning, maybe cordage, fatwood even feather sticks just because it can..

yeah, you're going to have to post a lot more than that ;)

try making a figure 4 from a single pencil. mmm.

You got it Bladite...and then I am gonna throw it through the figure four...that should be a challenge.

yeah, you're going to have to post a lot more than that ;)

try making a figure 4 from a single pencil. mmm.

It's not a single pencil, but.........

fig4-1.jpg

fig4-2.jpg

Doc

Hey Doc......

You almost caused me to fill my keyboard with the morning Java....Thanks for an early morning guffaw.....I love the smell of sick rat first thing...........

All Best....

ethan, still chuckling.......

What baited him? Do stuffed rats eat pencil erasers? Filing away that knowledge for future use...

It's this invasion of RATs that has plagued us here lately. I think they come looking for decent knives. Good thing your figure 4 skills are solid. Nice looking trap.

Glad you guys enjoyed. I'm guessing some of you don't get to W&SS. Pierre (the rat) is my ongoing victim when playing with traps. More of Pierre can be seen here (as well as some other traps).

Doc

Ethan,
thanks for the welcome, always like your designs a bunch:thumbup:.

So, no one really got into the question...I am looking for challenges here.
How about....
Carve a flute, Carve a Bow, Make shingles to roof a wilderness cabin, Make a table and chairs...
Or...I could just carve a figure four..and drool on my keyboard a couple of minutes later.
No worries..
I will make one up myself..and post some pics.

Ethan,
thanks for the welcome, always like your designs a bunch:thumbup:.

So, no one really got into the question...I am looking for challenges here.
How about....
Carve a flute, Carve a Bow, Make shingles to roof a wilderness cabin, Make a table and chairs...
Or...I could just carve a figure four..and drool on my keyboard a couple of minutes later.
No worries..
I will make one up myself..and post some pics.

Ok, I'll bite. Go out taking just the BK9 and what you can put in the pouch and tie around the sheath and go make a good usable shelter and a good fire....then of course you can cook whatever food you have in your pack. But make the shelter and fire using only what's in and on the BK-9 sheath. :)

Ok, I'll bite. Go out taking just the BK9 and what you can put in the pouch and tie around the sheath and go make a good usable shelter and a good fire....then of course you can cook whatever food you have in your pack. But make the shelter and fire using only what's in and on the BK-9 sheath. :)

I new I had friends out there!:D Thanks Mist!

Not that my good friend Docs trap isnt the Bomb mind you...I am looking for not so ordinary tests of the BK9, and ...I should start with a basic one...like shelter building..and then get nuts.

I new I had friends out there!:D Thanks Mist!

Not that my good friend Docs trap isnt the Bomb mind you...I am looking for not so ordinary tests of the BK9, and ...I should start with a basic one...like shelter building..and then get nuts.

If you really want to impress me you can whittle out a little chicken once you have the shelter up and the fire going :D

It's this invasion of RATs that has plagued us here lately. I think they come looking for decent knives. Good thing your figure 4 skills are solid. Nice looking trap.

LOL, not a plague carrying Rat, just looking to expand my quality knife collection. Ive heard alot about the good quality of Beckers and wanted to get me some!!!!!:thumbup:

LOL, not a plague carrying Rat, just looking to expand my quality knife collection. Ive heard alot about the good quality of Beckers and wanted to get me some!!!!!:thumbup:

that's what a scurvy rat would say. you had your shots and a shot of lime rum?

Back