I finally got Case Peanut knife

Hi all,
Finally got a Peanut, my first one.
When I first opened the package and saw the knife I did think, gosh this is a -small- knife.
Okay I knew it's not big one, but I was still surprised how small it is. :eek:+ :)

Well, after one and half day, I think it works quite well. :thumbsup:
Kinda little big knife! :)
I still wonder if I make using only this little one,
or should I carry also another knife with me.
Well, time will tell that, yes?

I have been seriously considering getting a Peanut. They are definitely popular. There is a good Case dealer nearby, so I just need to find one with covers that appeal to me with regard to color and jigging. On the other hand, I've been wondering if I wouldn't like a Tiny Trapper even more. Guess I need to go look and compare.

Congrats on your Peanut I'm sure you will love it! :thumbsup: They're great little knifes and lots of folks swear they are all they ever need and that's probably true. However I kinda like a slightly larger knife myself although I do carry a Peanut quite often but usually have another knife riding along. :D

upload_2017-7-27_14-43-17.jpeg

I'm a big fan of small bladed knives and have a Peanut around somewhere. You'll like it. After EDC ing a small fixed blade 5.25" oal, with a 2" blade for 4 years, I traded it in on a a big un, one with a 2.25" blade. After carrying that one for 3.5 years I've gone back to a 2" bladed fixed blade and have been EDC ing that for a few months now. Really in day to day life I haven't ever found my self under bladed. I got a hunter I'd take with me hunting. If I need to cut wood.....I've got an axe or a chainsaw. Day to day stuff my little knives suit me very well.

You'll be pleased with the amount of work you can do with a little guy like that. It also disappears easily into the pocket, and is people-friendly!

I've been carrying the Red G10 Peanut in my photo below for about three months and honestly, I'm just now starting to get accustomed to the small size. It's not that the blades aren't big enough to handle my cutting chores. It's the small handle that took me some time to get used to. I always felt like I was going to drop the knife when opening and closing the blades but I've gotten used to that now.

I do carry a larger knife along with it. I don't think I would be content with just the Peanut.

The Peanut was a gift from my wife which is why I've decided that it won't leave my pocket and that's also the reason why I've persuaded myself to deal with the small size. If it were not for that I would opt for something slightly larger for a secondary knife.

View attachment 740774

Hmm, I guess I'm now bonded with little Peanut, lol :rolleyes:
I just managed to cut myself, drawing blood.
I guess I'll live! :D

Damn sharp after stropping it....:thumbsup:

Hi all,
Finally got a Peanut, my first one.
When I first opened the package and saw the knife I did think, gosh this is a -small- knife.
Okay I knew it's not big one, but I was still surprised how small it is. :eek:+ :)

Well, after one and half day, I think it works quite well. :thumbsup:
Kinda little big knife! :)
I still wonder if I make using only this little one,
or should I carry also another knife with me.
Well, time will tell that, yes?

Congrats on your new Peanut, Emden! :thumbsup::cool: Got any pictures of that bloodthirsty little knife?? ;)
Perhaps you'd like to announce your good fortune in this thread, too:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cult-of-the-peanut-members.931548/

- GT

I was contemplating getting a peanut but decided on a mini trapper instead. I find the 3 1/2 inch handle easier to hold on to, as my old hands don't work like they used to. I just love the style and feel of the mini and the amber bone is sweet. However, I may just break down and get a peanut anyway. I don't want to feel left out.

You're peanut gave you a little nip to remind you to take it very seriously. Peanuts have a bit of attitude to them, and they do not like to be taken lightly. I highly suggest that you read the Cult Manual on the Care and feeding of the peanut.

Carl, Grand High Muckba Of The Cult, (Retired)

I think it will really grow on you! It took me awhile to get my first but now my yellow CV is in my regular rotation:thumbsup:

I've had one for a month. Mine is a 2007 in red Delrin. I prefer it over my Opinel #4 and Victorinox Solo. The Solo bit me three times in three months of carry. I'd never had a knife close on me like that, and I attributed it to inattention and the narrowness of the knife. The Case has half stops, and I'm just not going to get bitten, regardless of the reputation of the little knife! I think mine will be permanently carried.

Joe

I've had one for a month. Mine is a 2007 in red Delrin. I prefer it over my Opinel #4 and Victorinox Solo. The Solo bit me three times in three months of carry. I'd never had a knife close on me like that, and I attributed it to inattention and the narrowness of the knife. The Case has half stops, and I'm just not going to get bitten, regardless of the reputation of the little knife! I think mine will be permanently carried.

Joe
I wish you hadn't said that, Joe! :eek:;)
"Famous last words", and all that.

- GT

Congrats on your new knife.:thumbsup:. I too just bought a Case peanut off the exchange. Chestnut with CV blades. My first too. I was so excited. It was due here Monday. Guess what? It got lost in mail. Tracking number just stopped. I made a few calls but I'm not holding my breath. It was so purty too. :(

Joe

The shape of the handle does make a huge difference in how the knife fits the hand. The Victorinox solo is one of those knives that is a little too flat. I had the same problem with the Victoriox secretary. However, the peanut has a nice boxy shape to the handle that gives a very good grip for such a small knife. The side by side blade placement of the small jack pattern gives it some 'depth' for lack of better term.

But be careful, peanuts do demand respect.

Congrats on your new knife.:thumbsup:. I too just bought a Case peanut off the exchange. Chestnut with CV blades. My first too. I was so excited. It was due here Monday. Guess what? It got lost in mail. Tracking number just stopped. I made a few calls but I'm not holding my breath. It was so purty too. :(

It will turn up!! Keep the faith!!! :D John

Back