1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

If you could give your ancestors 100$ of tools what would you gift?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by ukknifer, Mar 10, 2012.

1. ukknifer

ukknifer

Jan 30, 2010
  2. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    My great great grandfather was not alive 3000 years ago. Was yours?

3. neeman

neeman Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Now If I could have given my Great Great Grandfather a $100 of value then.....

4. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    Perhaps some pennecillin and the recipe to make more? Antibiotics are, IMHO, one of mankind's greatest achievements.

5. heresthedeal

heresthedeal

Oct 3, 2010
    the penicillin would be nice.

i couldn't guess how many times I've been to some primitive gathering where someone didn't say something to the effect of, "i would have liked/should have been born 100/200/1,000/10,000 years ago." for me it might be fun to visit, but i like being alive today. antibiotics are a life and limb saver, literally.

not sure there's anything i could give my ancestors 3000 years ago that would change a lot, maybe a knowledge of germs and a book on the history of the world for the last 3000 years, not sure how long it would take to teach one of them to read it tho. maybe a few recipes or formulas, black powder or nitro.

i don't think a modern knife would change anything unless you provided the knowledge to make it also.

6. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    I'd buy Bic lighters, modern hybrid seeds, 2 stainless Moras and a Fiskars ax.

7. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier

Sep 14, 2006
    I would give them a pictorial instruction booklet about how to make soap.

Andy

8. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    I wouldn't give them anything. Interacting with them would cause an offshoot of the alpha timeline--either that or whatever I gave them would make no difference since it would be fulfilling a stable time loop.

9. Magnaminous_G

Magnaminous_G

Jul 13, 2011
    A book with all the winning powerball numbers and instructions to leave this book to his great great grandson, me.