1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

If you lost a Sebenza in the Birmingham Area, I found It

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by CCMcD, Jul 14, 2012.

1. CCMcD

CCMcD

Jul 12, 2012
    Birmingham, Alabama area that is....

I found a Sebenza a couple of years ago. I attempted to track down the owner by posting in the Usual Suspect Forums, took an add in the classifieds of our local paper and left a description at the local police department in case anyone called (the police advised that they would put it in the property locker and throw it away after a year, so I didn't hand it over and they acted like they didn't want it).

I also contacted the local (and only) store that sold Reeves Knives in Birmingham (Mark's Outdoors) but they hadn't sold that style of Sebenza in some time and didn't record names when they did.

I put the Sebenza in the gun safe and forgot about it. I registered on Blade Forum Yesterday and then happened to see the Sebenza sitting in the safe, thought about trying one more time.

If you lost a Sebenza in the Metro Birmingham area, email me the type of Sebenza and the suburb you live in or the suburb you think you lost it in (just to confirm) and I will get it back to you.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2009
    That's very admirable of you, Chuck, Good on you.

3. fuzzwuzz133

fuzzwuzz133

May 30, 2012
    Wow, I have restored some faith in society again. Keep up the good work!

4. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Welcome to the forums - and this is a great story - thanks for being such an honest person and a person with some real character.

best regards -

mqqn

5. TheOTBalisong

TheOTBalisong

Jun 28, 2012
    For the slightest second, I honestly had the thought of getting myself that Sebenza, pretending that I lost it.

Lol, anyway, good luck finding the owner.

6. .Keens

.Keens

Sep 4, 2011
    Do sebenza's have serial numbers? or any markings so crk could identify the buyer maybe?

7. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Very honorable and respectful gesture on your part.

Please do not divulge too many more details about the knife as to avoid people with intent opposite your own.

Welcome to BF and hope you decide to stick around.

8. Oldboy

Oldboy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chuck, you are a good man, bravo! :thumbup:

9. godot

godot

Oct 12, 2003
    I thought I had lost that knife forever after losing that a couple of years ago in just that area. You can tell clearly that it's mine because it's a frame lock.
    Thank you so much and if you'll arrange to ship it to me I'll be happy to pay the shipping cost, upon receipt of knife. I'll p-mail you my address so you can send that knife out tomorrow and again thanks very much.

10. ezoption

ezoption

May 24, 2012
    Chuck, what a very nice thing to do. Bravo!

11. BLADE_SICKness

BLADE_SICKness

Jun 4, 2010
    [​IMG]

12. Rybulek

Rybulek

Jan 6, 2010
    faith in humanity - crash and burn :)

13. 김원진

김원진

May 4, 2011
    this world could definitely use a few more peole like you chuck.

would be great if the owner can.be reunited with their sebenza. hope to see you more around in bladeforums

14. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Good on you.

I have lost my fair share of knives in my life.

Several were not returned when I lost them at work (small, tight knit company....still some dishonest people!).

I had one particular knife I could not loose! I must have dropped it 30 times (the pocket clip was a very poor one).

It kept coming back.

Once I lost it in the snow. A guy approached me about a week later, and handed it to me. I did not know him, nor did he know me. He said "I found this, and I remembered seeing the clip and top of your knife in your pocket as you passed me one day. I was hoping to run into you again."

15. WillardCorspe

WillardCorspe

May 3, 2012
    Part of my hopes the owner doesn't come forward; you deserve it for coming forward like this. Welcome to BladeForums!

16. Arakiel

Arakiel

Jun 14, 2010
    The owner probably threw it away with disgust after enduring a lifetime of extreme dissatisfaction.

17. WillardCorspe

WillardCorspe

May 3, 2012
    I doubt someone would willfully own something for a lifetime that continually disappointed them...

18. knifemaking01

knifemaking01

May 4, 2012
    ahh you found it, i lost it over here in australia and tidal currents drifted it to that exact spot.... strange huh!

but in all seriousness more people like you should exist, thats very faithful of you, im a big beliver in karma so no doubt something good with come your way! dont know if old mate above was serious or not if his is wow whats the chances!

19. Barry H

Barry H

Nov 3, 1999
    Props to you for posting this message.:):thumbup:

20. wizzard1717

wizzard1717 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Keep it, its yours. You went above and beyond. :thumbup: