"In god we trust"

Jersey

BOUNCED EMAIL: I need to update my email address in my profile!
Hello, Just bought my very first sebie. A small "In God we trust". I'm really excited to get it in the mail. I have a bunch of spyderco's but i wanted to switch it up a bit so i picked out this blade for a early christmas gift :cool:

Anyway, I was wondering some facts on the blade. I saw that it is going to be discontinued & was wondering if there were any cool facts on these or this blade like how many were made, etc. If anyone could fill me in i'd appreciate it.

I was also wondering who has the largest selection of sebies to look at and purchase online. (even if old or out of stock) I see that some sites have certain ones that others dont. Is there a refrence where i can view all the knives ever made?

What you have is one of their 'Computer Generated Graphics'.

http://www.chrisreeve.com/computer.htm

It is a 'standard' graphic that can be ordered as opposed to a 'unique graphic' that is made to order at the buyers request or the monthly 'Lisa's Pick'. Periodically they change their 'lineup' of CCG as has happened recently and as such yours is now discontinued. Hard to say how many were made. Possibly CRK might keep an exact count but they were limited only by the number of knifes ordered by their dealers or directly by individuals.

(ETA: You will note the CR site is a bit dated by the sentence at the end of the first paragraph in the link above that reads: The nine designs shown here are the second offering, becoming available in early 2003...... Your knife was one of those nine but the offering has since changed)

What you have is one of their 'Computer Generated Graphics'.

http://www.chrisreeve.com/computer.htm

(ETA: You will note the site is a bit dated by the sentence at the end of the first paragraph that reads: The nine designs shown here are the second offering, becoming available in early 2003...... Your knife was one of those nine but the offering has since changed)

It is a 'standard' graphic that can be ordered as opposed to a 'unique graphic' that is made to order at the buyers request or the monthly 'Lisa's Pick'. Periodically they change their 'lineup' of CCG as has happened recently and as such yours is now discontinued. Hard to say how many were made. Possibly CRK might keep an exact count but they were limited only by the number of knifes ordered by their dealers or directly by individuals.

thanks for the info!

I was also wondering who has the largest selection of sebies to look at and purchase online. (even if old or out of stock) I see that some sites have certain ones that others dont. Is there a refrence where i can view all the knives ever made?
Here are a couple sites to look at. The best place it check out the largest record of Sebs is right here...
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463786

Check out...
www.onlyfineknives.com
www.myknifedealer.com
www.Truenorthknives.com

You should have bought a Busse instead. I hear they have an "In God we Rust" version.

Couldn't resist!

Yeah, :confused: is right. Where did that come from?
Each company can stand on its own merits.

I used the word "rust" as a joke because it rhymed with "trust". Bad joke. No harm intended.

I don't think there was any "harm" intended, but it comes off as 1. bastardizing an Expression that should hold reverence, and 2. knocking on another company blatantly....not very well received by both sides, the forum posted in and the offended forum.

I read your thread about Busse and rust....and I ask you to show me ANYTHING that does not require maintenance. Busse users are very meticulous.....as I am sure CRK users are also. These knives ARE expensive and any type of environment will create "some" form of complication. Maintenance is anything from oiling the pivot pin......blowing out dust from between the frame, or oiling a blade. Do you want a $800 dollar knife forming rust? You spend $40K on a car and you have to do preventative maintenance checks and services on it...it doesn't care for itself.....same thing with ANYTHING...you take your $1200 Kimber out....for a shooting event.....what do you do....clean and oil it. Just cause it cost more than other pistols doesn't man you don't have to care for it.

I think you just had unrealistic expectations of Busse in areas that "should" fall into common sense maintenance, as with everything.

I have 1 Sebenza (right now...just scored a second:thumbup::D) And I don't expect it to look and perform like new unless I care for it. A little less pointing fingers at companies products and charge yourself more for their upkeep and there would be less grips and complaints about "this company or that company"

It all falls on us once it leaves them and comes under our care.

It struck me as a 'flippant' remark - probably with no bad intentions. Just not the best judgement on this site. We could probably be a little more forgiving. I've made some really poor comments in my earlier days that I look back on with DEEP regret. But I always tried not to offend twice. PICKLES! But I must be getting old! :mad:

Looking at what I wrote it is clear I wasn't even thinking. I only saw an opportunity to rhym two words in a joke and without thinking at all, I just blurted it out. It was a lame joke and i'm not surprised i'm getting burned over it.

OK. We'll hold off stomping you ... until the next time! :grumpy:

It came off especially badly as Gravelface said because we take "In God we trust" seriously, and Busse and CRK have got to be two of the best forums for respecting other honest makers.

The only Busse joke I ever made was about the Sebenza being better than the Busse folder -- because I want to see that Busse folder too !!! (Can you imagine a framelock upgrade to the Rat Trap with an INFI blade? :D )

Thanks. I definitly got the point and learned from this careless outburst. Won't happen again. Again, my intention was only to tell a joke and not to insult or offend. Sometimes I don't think before saying things. I need to work on it.

It came off especially badly as Gravelface said because we take "In God we trust" seriously, and Busse and CRK have got to be two of the best forums for respecting other honest makers.

The only Busse joke I ever made was about the Sebenza being better than the Busse folder -- because I want to see that Busse folder too !!! (Can you imagine a framelock upgrade to the Rat Trap with an INFI blade? :D )

Framelock and infi.....I think you are a genius!!!!! I like the Rat Trap.....never a single problem with it....but the liner lock just seems "too" thin....that is why I tried a Sebenza....now I will soon have 2:eek:

Looking at what I wrote it is clear I wasn't even thinking. I only saw an opportunity to rhym two words in a joke and without thinking at all, I just blurted it out. It was a lame joke and i'm not surprised i'm getting burned over it.

Like the song says, make your kind of music, sing your own kind of song even noone else sings along. Best.

Tai Chi

The whole Busse folder situation is a JOKE! I lost quite a bit of respect for Busse over that.

Back