In Remembrance

What a great find, Tom. Congrats on a very special design.

Here are a couple more.

In_Remembrance_Blue.jpg

In_remembrance.jpg

Wow! Those are really great designs. Thanks for sharring.

That coloration process would have been very interesting to watch. Neat anodizing. If that's just a heating process, how does one differentially heat those "buildings" when they're in such close proximity? Why is the titanium not stressed at all by that process? I mean, it's one thing to "color" an entire scale, but this is really special. Thanks for posting these pics.
Anyway, as was said above...Never Forget!
Sonny

That coloration process would have been very interesting to watch. Neat anodizing. If that's just a heating process, how does one differentially heat those "buildings" when they're in such close proximity? Why is the titanium not stressed at all by that process? I mean, it's one thing to "color" an entire scale, but this is really special. Thanks for posting these pics.
Anyway, as was said above...Never Forget!
Sonny

The anodizing is a chemical process, in which an oxide layer is formed whose thickness is dependent upon the voltage that is applied to the Ti. Different oxide thicknesses make for reinforcement of some wavelengths and interference of others. As a result, when broad-spectrum light hits the oxide surface, the reflection of selected colors of the spectrum occurs.

Thread necropsy but well worth it in case anyone missed these amazing knives.

I am new to CRK knives. I just purchased my first small 21 yesterday. I can't wait for it to arrive. In the meantime I was googling images of other CRK knives and ran across one of these. I googled to find more info and found this thread.

These are amazing. I'd love to get my hands on one someday. Does anyone know if these were a special run or were they individually commissioned by buyers?

Back