1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

In the Shop 3-25-2012

Discussion in 'Art In Stone' started by Redrummd, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Redrummd

Redrummd Moderator Moderator

May 21, 2007
    I had the camera in the shop today so I took some photos of what is currently in different stages. I have been sick for 8 days now so I am moving at probably half speed and my brain just does not want to properly engage. Decongestants, cough syrup and pain meds just fry what is left of my brain it seems.....

So if the pictures or what I type is not coherrent well heck I don't know.
    :confused:

Here is my main bench today.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. Redrummd

May 21, 2007
    This is my preform staging and grinding staging areas. Basically stone that is eventually heading toward being used.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  3. Redrummd

May 21, 2007
    These are backlit scales from the to be ground into preform section: Indonesian Purple Chalcedony: Regency Rose and Luna Agate from Mexico.

Attached Files:

4. Redrummd

May 21, 2007
    This last photos is what is currently on the small saw - A piece of fossil algae from Wyoming.

Attached Files:

5. testdw

testdw

Feb 3, 2011
    Michael,

Thanks again for your "In The Shop" photo's and explanations. They are always extremely interesting and enjoyable. Really like the Chrysocolla at this stage and will certainly be interested in the final product. The Shattuckites look awesome and will always be interested in these GEMS. Also like the Fossil Algae as it looks very unusual at this stage of your progress. Anxious to see the final stage of the Fossil Algae in addition to all the others.

Certainly hope you get well quick,
    Dennis

6. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator

Jan 9, 2011
    Great looking scale material. Awesome stuff!

Get well soon!

7. hohenstreetroa

hohenstreetroa Gold Member Gold Member

May 22, 2010
    Michael -
    Sorry to hear you have been so ill. Get well my friend.
    Thanks for the great shots of your workshop & art-in-stone-in-progress! Looks like more beautiful stone knives coming soon!