1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Instant espresso for the trail.. i am loving it..

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by mtnfolk mike, Jul 23, 2012.

1. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike

Mar 21, 2006
    hey folks, i know we have discussed camp and trail coffee at length, and like many on here, i love a good cup of coffee, but i have not heard much about this stuff and wanted to share..
    it's instant espresso, made by a company called Medaglia D'Oro.. this stuff is actually pretty darn good.. i have drank shots of it, made cappuccino's and added it to my normal cup of coffee, to give it a little stronger taste/kick..

it's perfect to tote with you on the trail.. you just mix 1 tsp. for every 3 oz. of hot water..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Disclaimer: I am no way affiliated with this company.. i just love coffee..:)

cheers.. Mike

2. pedropcola

pedropcola

Feb 24, 2006
    I am not sure what I think of instant espresso, but I do really like your cup and spoon. Did you do those yourself?

Pete

Disclaimer: I drink keurig coffee so what do I know!

3. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike

Mar 21, 2006
    haha.. i am total coffee consuer/snob.. and so far am pretty pleased with this stuff, for being instant..

as for the cup and spoon.. thanks for the compliments, though i did not make either, the Kuksa was made by Adahy, over on BCUSA, and was carved from white birch.. the spoon is part a 4 pc. set made by Kupilka.. they are made from receycled plastic and pine fibers.

4. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD

Aug 5, 2008
    Thanks Mike ... I drink their regular espresso but never tried the instant.

It's usually either Medaglia D'Oro or Bustelo for me ... I like it STRONG :thumbup:

5. Nickelsig229

Nickelsig229

Sep 7, 2004
    I've got a "macchinetta" that is easily 30 years old. I toss it in my bag on some camp trips and even a day hike or two where the extra weight is no problem. I've even gotten some "oh it's so cute" from people that come across my site. It's a tiny espresso pot, in case anyone is wondering.

I'm not sure how I would feel about instant but if I come across some Oro I'll try it out. I prefer Lavazza and I'm not sure you can get the richness and froth without the peculation.

6. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice. I'm also thinking great-looking shaving bowl! :)

7. Angus McGunnigl

Angus McGunnigl

May 22, 2002
    This is very good for instant. been using it for a long time.
    The startbucks VIA is OK also, but I do prefer the d'oro
    Gotta have quality java in the woods !!