• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

International Orders Desk - Defense Knife and Tool

I live in Tasmania

Danito, I am going to put my Australian knife law hat on here.

australian_hat.jpg

You are in luck that you live in Tasmania because unlike Victoria for example there are no internal laws against switchblades in Tasmania. So even if the authorities would consider an AO a switchblade within Tasmania you are OK.

However, you do have to get around customs. They may consider an AO to be a switchblade and then you'd have to wrangle with them. One way to ensure that you don't run into trouble is to get a permit to import. It's just a form here. You'll also need a form from your State police but since the law's on your side locally that should be a breeze. Trouble is that you may not want to wait.

The other way is to do it after the fact, if you do have a problem. It's entirely possible that they won't even check your knife. If they do it's possible that since it's only an AO they'll let it pass. If in a worst case they do hold it they will let you know and you'll have a chance to make your case. At that point you could tell them that you never dreamt that an AO would be a switchblade and do the above paperwork and that should work fine. The choice is yours but the only thing you stand to lose at worst is probably time.

Dave,

I am the Manager of a company which supplies 4 gun stores locally.
I am really interested in working with your company.

How do we do that?

You can e-mail me : b_karshovski@stellitegroup.com

Thanks!

Mr. Bilyan Karshovski,

Manager,
Stellite Group Ltd.,
Bulgaria

More answers later tonight... will get to everyone...

Dave,

I am the Manager of a company <snipped>

Mr. Bilyan Karshovski,

Manager,
Stellite Group Ltd.,
Bulgaria

My apologies, very busy, will get to everyone, apologize for delays... we just moved email and phone systems (same addresses and numbers) and business is very good... but I am backed up... appreciate your patience and will be back ASAP...

hi dave, in regards to my order the 5700 crkt kiss i asked about (instead of the 5500 quoted) do you have both spear and tanto? i'm guessing the 5700 is discontinued? as i couldnt find it listed on the CRKT site and they only list tanto (which is ok but i like the spear type for a work knife). :)

hi dave, in regards to my order the 5700 crkt kiss i asked about (instead of the 5500 quoted) do you have both spear and tanto? i'm guessing the 5700 is discontinued? as i couldnt find it listed on the CRKT site and they only list tanto (which is ok but i like the spear type for a work knife). :)

Hi Rob,
As you suspected the Sampson K.I.S.S. (5700 tanto and 5800 spear) has been discontinued. I am not sure that you lose that much because the extra length didn't translate into extra sturdiness, and the shorter K.I.S.S. is more compact. Please let me know where you want to go from here.

Thanks,

have emailed you for payment details, the 5500 will go nicely in my pocket :)

thanks alot Dave.

have emailed you for payment details, the 5500 will go nicely in my pocket :)

thanks alot Dave.

Rob, thanks I emailed you an itemized PayPal invoice all you have to do is accept and I'll take care of the rest.

Thanks,

Hey Dave!

Did you get my Email the day before yesterday?
You can ignore it, because I have changed my mind ;)

I would like to order the following items. The first 3 are from your Spyderco wholesale thread. Please let me know if they're available.

Spyderco C95GPS Manix Combo Edge
Spycerco C101GP Manix 83mm Plain Edge

Those are both available and ready to ship

Spyderco UK Pen Knife

This is still available and ships on its own which would mean extra shipping charges

Cold Steel True Flight Thrower (80TFTC)
2x CRKT P.E.C.K. (CR5520)
CRKT P.E.C.K. black (CR5520K)
Spyderco Sharpmaker (204MF)

Cold Steel True Flight Thrower (80TFTC) -- Available to ship with Spyderco Specials
2x CRKT P.E.C.K. (CR5520) -- Available to ship with Spyderco Specials
CRKT P.E.C.K. black (CR5520K) -- Available to ship with Spyderco Specials
Spyderco Sharpmaker (204MF) -- Available and needs to ship separate with extra shipping charges

Ka-Bar Large TDI, Coyote Brown Zytel Handle, Plain, Sheath KB1482CB (Can I use your "bladeforums only" coupon to get it for 33.95?)

Available to ship with Spyderco Specials, coupon expired, but can give you at wholesale price $39.02

Two "extra" wishes:
- I am looking for a Blackhawk Kalista with plain edge (BHB-15KL00BK) in ATS-34. According to your site, it is not in stock. Would be cool if you could get me one, but if not, I'll just order the rest of the knives.

Right now only have CE and would need to ship separate with the SharpMaker. Should be getting more in PE 04/17 (also ship with the SharpMaker) but would have to confirm whether it's still going to be ATS-34

- I am also looking for some Militec-1 oil, which doesn't seem to be available here in Germany. Can you get me a 1oz bottle and toss it in?

I don't carry Militec-1 but do have Tuf-Glide and could ship it with the SharpMaker

http://www.defenseknife.com/ss91060.html

Please tell me what it costs to ship these items to Germany. Do I have insurance if you send them via Global Express?

Shipping for items shipping with Spyderco Specials would be either Fedex with excellent rates beginning $23 depending on what you order or USPS Priority International with Insurance which would usually be a couple of dollars more than the rates I can get with Fedex.

Shipping for items shipping with Sharpmaker would be USPS Priority International with Insurance.

In all cases the size of the order plus packaging would determine the exact cost of shipping.

Can I pay with credit card?

Malak, we prefer that you have a Verified PayPal account. In Germany you can do this by linking your Bank Account to a PayPal account and confirming a code you get with a PayPal refundable charge. We would then email you an itemized PayPal invoice which would give you an online invoice. We would update your PayPal payment with tracking information and you would get email from PayPal.

Using PayPal speeds up the process and gives you full online records of your order.

If you prefer to use Credit Card you would need to fax us a copy of front and back of your card and a signed authorization for us to charge your card. That will delay your order a little and will probably be more hassle for both of us.

Dave, I sent you two e-mails (on 14th March and 29th March) and haven't received an answer yet... What's the problem?

Hello huugh, I apologize for the significant delay in getting back to you. We now have not only a much improved email system which enables us to keep on top of all our email, we now have more hands and a much better process to enable us to get fast responses out to all inquiries.

I am responding now to your email.

Thanks,

Dave,

I am the Manager of a company which supplies 4 gun stores locally.
I am really interested in working with your company.

How do we do that?

You can e-mail me : b_karshovski@stellitegroup.com

Thanks!

Mr. Bilyan Karshovski,

Manager,
Stellite Group Ltd.,
Bulgaria

Mr. Karshovski, thank you for your inquiry and I have replied to you by email as requested.

Thanks,

Hi Dave, do you have the Spyderco Diamond sharpening rods for the Sharpmaker in stock? It says to contact regarding stock status

johnu2, checking this thread and our email and I apologize because I don't see that we ever replied to you about your inquiry on availability of:

http://www.defenseknife.com/204d.html

I tried to email you now through BF but that is not enabled for your account. I hope you see this post, as I have no other way to contact you.

Do you still need the 204D?

They are in strong demand and the next shipments are already taken, I am expecting availability on 04/24.

Thanks,

Thanks for your reply, Dave! :thumbup:

I don't want to pay twice for shipment, so I will reduce my order to the items you can send with the Spyderco Specials.
However, on second thought, I would like to replace the TDI (which might give me trouble with customs) by a Boker Reality Based Serrated Edge & Trainer Set BO059. Can you ship it along with the Spyderco Specials?

To sum it up, my final order will look like this:

C95GPS Manix Combo Edge
C101GP Manix 83mm Plain Edge
CS True Flight Thrower
2x P.E.C.K.
1x P.E.C.K. black
Boker RBB PS + Trainer set B-01BO059 (if you can ship it with the rest of the items)

Please let me know what shipping these items via USPS Priority International with insurance would cost me. And please tell me if removing the bulky but cheap CS thrower could reduce the costs significantly...

...while I'm trying to figure out how PayPal works ;)

Thank you,
Christian

I don't want to pay twice for shipment, so I will reduce my order to the items you can send with the Spyderco Specials.
However, on second thought, I would like to replace the TDI (which might give me trouble with customs) by a Boker Reality Based Serrated Edge & Trainer Set BO059. Can you ship it along with the Spyderco Specials?

C95GPS Manix Combo Edge
CS True Flight Thrower
2x P.E.C.K.
1x P.E.C.K. black
Boker RBB PS + Trainer set B-01BO059 (if you can ship it with the rest of the items)

Please let me know what shipping these items via USPS Priority International with insurance would cost me. And please tell me if removing the bulky but cheap CS thrower could reduce the costs significantly...

Thank you,
Christian

Will answer tomorrow....

C95GPS Manix Combo Edge
CS True Flight Thrower
2x P.E.C.K.
1x P.E.C.K. black

Thank you,
Christian

Hi,
I only have the Reality Based Recurve BO053 (other than the Rescues) available to ship with the Spyderco Specials. Now even if we include that one as long as we remove the CS True Flight Thrower you're only talking $23 with Fedex.

Hi,
I only have the Reality Based Recurve BO053 (other than the Rescues) available to ship with the Spyderco Specials. Now even if we include that one as long as we remove the CS True Flight Thrower you're only talking $23 with Fedex.

Thanks for your reply!
Let's remove the CS thrower and add the Reality Based Recurve BO053.

Final order looks like this:

C95GPS Manix Combo Edge
2x P.E.C.K. CR5520
1x P.E.C.K. black CR5520K
Reality Based Recurve BO053

$23 with Fedex sounds great... but I am a little reluctant to ordering items for more than $300 without having insurance. I don't have any experience with Fedex, and my paranoia about the package getting lost might be unjustified, but I'd prefer to be on the safe side if the price difference isn't enormous.
How much would USPS International with insurance cost me?

I've started to verify my Paypal account, still need 1 or 2 business days to complete the process.

Thanks for your reply!
Let's remove the CS thrower and add the Reality Based Recurve BO053.

Final order looks like this:

C95GPS Manix Combo Edge
2x P.E.C.K. CR5520
1x P.E.C.K. black CR5520K
Reality Based Recurve BO053

$23 with Fedex sounds great... but I am a little reluctant to ordering items for more than $300 without having insurance. I don't have any experience with Fedex, and my paranoia about the package getting lost might be unjustified, but I'd prefer to be on the safe side if the price difference isn't enormous.
How much would USPS International with insurance cost me?

I've started to verify my Paypal account, still need 1 or 2 business days to complete the process.

Fedex tracking and insurance is better than USPS I'll revise the quote for insurance and compare it with USPS Priority International and you can choose.

Thanks,

Back