Introducing Tiger Claw Sharpening

Tim the Wizard

Street Samurai
Gold Member
bRS26fC.png

Welcome to our home on Bladeforums.

Fiddleback Forge stands by your knives. They offer a spa treatment for knife refurbishing and sharpening. You should probably just send your knives to Andy and the crew here!

For those learning to DIY, we also have the unofficial Fiddleback maintenance, care, optimization, and improvement thread hosted here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ence-care-optimization-and-improvement-thread!

Services

At Tigerclaw Sharpening, we handle every knife with great care and appreciation.

Upon receiving your knives, we will:

1. Assess the acuity of the blade edge and examine the apex of the edge for any damage.

2. Working with you and our consideration of the knife-maker’s original vision, establish a plan of approach.

3. Sharpen the edge to your specifications, removing any burrs along the entire cutting length of the blade.

Get in Touch

You can PM me for questions or access our order form here:

https://forms.gle/1CtBFDvph2CkHgWy7

Here are a few samples of Fiddleback Forge and related brand knives I have had the pleasure of working with:

Fiddleback Forge Runt

sAk8KQH.jpg

W.A. Surls Patch Knife

zcfrl6E.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Camp Nessie

lYc3L37.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Duke

In84i8J.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Hiking Buddy

9Y40Y4a.jpg

AnTXxv2.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Bushfingers

PfYsWzR.jpg

IlyWLT8.jpg

Fiddleback Forge Runt and Fleming Itty Bitty Wharncliffe
aDkdZ8e.jpg

Check out more examples of some great knives we have worked with:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Tiger-Claw-Sharpening?p=16295517#post16295517

Thank you!

Last edited:
ndmiller said:
Love the Runt versus Itty Bitty picture.....

Thanks. I work that Fleming Itty Bitty so hard on all types of gritty cardboard. CPM D2 has far exceeded my expectations.

The flame boxelder burl Fiddleback has been using lately is really appealing from a photography/appreciation/ecology/hard use perspective.

varga49 said:
Just sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Fiddleback Forge forums, I'm glad my post led you here and I will get back to you immediately.

Congrats dude; looking forward to seeing more of your work! I was toying with offering sharpening/spa services a while back, but I barely have any time these days; way to step up! :thumbup:

CAD said:
Sending a PM....

Chris D. :D

Odaon said:
Congrats!

Much appreciated, gentlemen. Thank you for the interest and support.

Congrats dude; looking forward to seeing more of your work! I was toying with offering sharpening/spa services a while back, but I barely have any time these days; way to step up! :thumbup:

I really enjoy hitting the stones on the weekend and spending some downtime with knives. My wife likes them too and she is going to be using the power tools to cut the strop boards and assemble the materials. It is a change of gear for us that should help us contribute to this community while keeping the hands busy. Be sure I am referring to your thread for backup and preparation :emot-yarr:

Last edited:
Good stuff Jarrett. I'm sure you will do a stellar job.

In less than 6 hours, my post reach has made it over 10,000 miles. I am humbled. Your edges look killer too. Thanks for the support.

Excellent!

PM coming...as soon as I decide what I'm sending you!

I can't fix your Arowana man, I'm so sorry :miserable:

Last edited:
Congrats on your new adventure! I will definitely keep you mind for services....Good luck!!!!

In the last year and a half Jarrett has sharpen many of my knifes. His knowledge of different steel types and his sharpening skills are outstanding. He is a pleasure to deal with and everything I have sent him has been done in a timely manner. I look forward to doing business with Jarrett in the future. He is a Great guy to work with.
Thanks
Steve O

Steve o's standing orders are usually "Beat the heck out of this knife and tell me what you think"... Many of the awesome knives posted above came from his collection.

I've been using an Edge Pro for about a year but only to put V or compound edges on my Spyderco folders. I have not yet attempted convex edges on any of my Fiddlebacks, WA Surls or Osprey K&T knives and have just been using a strop for basic edge maintenance.

If the Patch below looks familiar, its because I bought it from Jarrett. He had changed the angle a bit while resharpening the edge. Although this is a current picture after my use, it came to me with a really nice polished edge that still performs extremely well. I can attest that Jarrett knows his stuff and does top notch work. He definitely put a nicer edge on this Patch than I feel I could have accomplished.
:thumbup::thumbup:

Jarrett,
Congrats on tackling this venture, and for that nice Patch too.

I am feeling immediate regret over the patch :D

Thanks for your input and let me know how it holds up. Your pictures are fantastic.

What kind of prices are we talking about, and are you limiting your services to Fiddlebacks?

Back