JouFuu Leather For Sale Threads - Day/Time

12/29/2015 sales thread will be at 9pm est. :)

Tuesday thread, 1/5/16 @ 9pm EST. :thumbup:

Sneak peek pics on instagram.

Should be able to have Available sheaths thread posted at 9pm est. Sneak peek pics on my instagram.

Today's for sale thread at 9pm EST.

For sale thread should be live tonight at 9pm est.

Tonight's thread should be up at 9pm EST. :thumbup:

Quick question. I'm looking for a sheath for this little guy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457467232.903021.jpg
What sheath models will this fit in? Looking for an ISP...

I wanted to let everyone who follows my leather work to know, the month of April is going to be a very busy month for me at my 'day job'. For the next 3 weeks I'm teaching and attending classes that disrupt my normal flow for leather work time. This will not only affect my workshop time but also my weekly for sale thread's dates & times.

Please understand, I love doing leather work but my commitments will always be Family First - Mission Always.

Be on the look out this month for 'Flash Sales' of the sheaths I have finished and the time to post a for sale thread. Times & Days will vary greatly.

Thanks,

Bud

I should be able to get the For Sale thread up at 9pm tonight.

sneak peek in case you missed it on Instagram

sneak_2016_apr05.jpg

No sale thread this week (4/19/16). I'll be out of town for 'day job' stuff.

Should be back to it at 9pm est on the 26th.

My votes is to change the thread time to sometime during the day . It seems like a race to try and pick a sheath and who ever has the fastest computer and reflexes gets there choice .
Everyone is chomping at the bit like a race horse in the gates waiting for the bell and gate to open when the time hits between 858 and 859 .
The same group of horses every week ....
It would be nice to be able to spend a few minutes to look over the options instead of 10 to 20 seconds .
Just my 2 cents ...

My votes is to change the thread time to sometime during the day . It seems like a race to try and pick a sheath and who ever has the fastest computer and reflexes gets there choice .
Everyone is chomping at the bit like a race horse in the gates waiting for the bell and gate to open when the time hits between 858 and 859 .
The same group of horses every week ....
It would be nice to be able to spend a few minutes to look over the options instead of 10 to 20 seconds .
Just my 2 cents ...

I assume you meant some random time of the day. Why would I try to limit how many people know about my sale thread day/time from a business aspect? That's ridiculous. Fiddleback Fridays use to do be like that. Imagine sitting around in front of a computer all day hitting F5, waiting for that random thread posting? I don't have to imagine - I use to be one of those guys doing it. It was a VERY welcomed announcement when Andy decided on a specific time.

Setting a specific time/day allows people interested in my sheaths to go about their regularly scheduled day with no worry of maybe missing the thread posting. I can not solve the Shark Tank frenzy with set pricing. Auctions will only create a different kind of frenzy. I do randomly offer sheaths for sale on my Instagram account .. and they sit there unsold for the most part. A couple guys have picked up on that and the fact I generally discount them on IG by $5 .. and score a nice sheath.

As for the time of day I've chosen .. you have to consider your ENTIRE customer base, my own available schedule, and will my date/time interfere with other regular BF sales. Tuesday nights fit those parameters the best right now. Sometimes my day job schedule stays fixed for months or years and sometimes it's constantly changing. I'm 'on call' 24/7 - which means you may see no thread or a delayed thread and with no announcement because I'm on a call out.

Jou Fuu is an absolute one man show .. Me .. sitting in my basement on my days off. I do the purchasing of everything (including hand selecting my leather hides). I'm the only one making the sheath you have on your hip or in your pocket. I'm also the only person boxing them up, labeling, and driving up to the post office to wait in line. And, I take great pride in my work & craft.

Bud

Hey Bud ,
Definitely not trying to cut down on your sales and it absolutely wouldn't . I also meant a set time during the day so the same guys aren't waiting after work sitting at there computer with Kung fu fast reflexes.
Seems to work well for fiddleback at mid morning .
Also Seems more of the same folks are off nights .
I actually am off nights and work days to but have time periodically to jump online during the day .
I think it would give different folks a chance to get some of your sheaths.
Considering most of your sheaths are sold within 3 or 4 minutes I don't think changing the time will deprive you of any sales and again just give a different group of folks a better chance . I tried again last week to get the sheath I wanted and like the rest of your fan club sat at my computer waiting for the race . Unfortunately within a minute of your thread opening it was gone and even though I posted within a minute there was a few a head of me at the same post time lol .
All I'm saying is a different set time during the day would give different people a chance at your sheaths .
You can still confirm "winners" at your convience say at 858 or 859 when its most convenient for you .
But it's your business and your choice and just giving you a customers opinion .
Ed
EDIT:
The only thing that would change IMO would be how many of your sheaths go to the same customers .
A time change on your listing would give more folks that haven't been able to buy one of sheaths a chance . So should even broaden your customer base . Your regular customers will still be there I'm sure of it .
Heck they might even quit there jobs or change professions just so they can buy your sheaths at the new sales thread time 😊
Also it might even cut down on loosing possible new customers that give up on trying to buy one of your sheaths that are constantly getting beat out on there many attempts by the same folks 😉

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back