1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Just a friendly reminder: If you get banned, you don't get a refund.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Folks, when you registered for this site, you agreed to follow our Subscriber & User Agreement. Yes, you did. Seriously. You even checked a box stating you read and agreed to it.

We have listed many of the things that will earn you warnings & infractions in the FAQ.

There's a reason why we have a graduated system of warnings and infractions prior to bannings; it's so that you can learn from your mistakes and hopefully not repeat them.

For those who are search or mentally impaired, here's a direct link to them:
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=faq_warning_infractions_banning#faq_faq_warnings

Being a paid subscriber does not exempt you from the Subscriber & User Agreement. Seriously, it doesn't. We even put a little part in the FAQ that tells you:
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=paying_membership_faqs#faq_paying_membership_banned

So, when you don't bother to read the rules, and don't bother to read the FAQ, and don't bother to follow the instructions that Mods give you after giving warnings, then sass the mods repeatedly, your account is suspended.

When your account is suspended, you don't get your membership fee's back.

One of our recently banned members decided to call me up today and give me an earful about how it's unfair that he was banned for not following the rules and indignant that we hadn't refunded his money. When I told him he would not be receiving a refund, he went on a tirade about how we were "stealing" his money by banning him, and words to the effect that he'll be seeking revenge. Whatever.

It's simple: don't be a jackass, and you won't get banned. If you get banned, sorry, your membership is forfeit. Call it a service charge for dealing with assholes.

If you try to dispute the charge with PayPal, you are also going to have a bad time:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

Access to the areas of this site that require a paid subscription is considered digital content and is ineligible for paypal buyer protection.

Deal. With. It.

2. nick425

nick425

Apr 22, 2011
    Good.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom

Oct 17, 2006
    Fair enough.

4. richard thurman

richard thurman

Nov 9, 2005
    Heck yea

5. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    And for added hilarity, here's some emails that the person in question has sent me this evening
    I responded with essentially the OP of this thread, and cautioned him to use better sense than he displayed during his short membership here.
    Oh no my reputation might be tarnished! Lordy be, someone might say bad things about me on the interwebs. :rolleyes:

Thank you, mods, for removing this person from the site.

6. nick425

nick425

Apr 22, 2011
    How do these people find a door out in the morning? Oh wait, they don't. Internet commandos.

7. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    So was that Stewie from Family Guy that was writing to you? :D

8. Calvin Richardson

Calvin Richardson

Oct 13, 2011
    I'm amazed that he even knew the word "rue" and could use it in such a way. It's amazing how important some people think they are. I'm sure he wrote a very similar letter to George Lucas when he "ruined" his own intellectual property. Really people let's put on our big boy pants, get a life of any sort, and live outside the internet.:jerkit:

9. JTR357

JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    Hmm I wonder who it could be?

10. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Well, I thought "fin" meant "the end"...I just helped him toward his goal. (Not that he needed any once he got on his high horse. He took a "warning" about his forum conduct and parlayed it into a trifecta.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  11. Chipped Karambit

Chipped Karambit

Jan 12, 2012
    Can we get a refund if we never paid in the first place? If so you can transfer my refund to a platinum account for me!

12. mwhich50

mwhich50 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2011
    It seems like it would be reasonable and worth avoiding the headaches and threats to give banned members a pro-rated refund. The exception to this would be those who have victimized other members by committing some type of theft or fraud.:(

13. four_shore

four_shore

Oct 21, 2010
    you should un-ban him just to re-ban him once he's been un-banned...

14. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    We don't (yet) have a Department Of Redundancy Department...but I'm sure Spark will give it due consideration. ;)

15. GoodPoint

GoodPoint

Aug 2, 2011
    Is it just me, or does this guy sound EXACTLY like a James Bond villain?

16. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    so now on top of the actions that got him banned in the first place you have what may later be construed as terroristic threats -- this will make for some fun at the libel/slander trial if he's dumb enough to push things.

17. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    That is just plain funny. That would be hilarious. It's unfor.. nevermind, he got banned for a reason and apparently didn't read the rules or heed the warnings.

18. Maniacal Pete

Maniacal Pete

Oct 16, 2010
    Good riddance...

Who's Mr. Schlossberg?

19. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    Spark, you have some sexy legs.

I'm just sayin'.

If I was single, .........

Moose