Just dropped it in the mail...

My order form and deposit for a 2-6... ironwood, duralumin butt, lanyard, nickel silver double hilt. Now all I have to do is put ten bucks in a coffee can every month until it's ready and I'll have enough for a fine knife, a huge steak and a bottle of drinkable scotch to celebrate with when it arrives four and a half years from now :p

Kind of stoked to place an order with the factory directly. Maybe it's silly but seems extra fun to me.

Good on ya - just remember to keep yer mitts outta the coffee can whilst waiting... ;)

Ha no doubt about that! Shouldn't be too hard to keep them out, since all I have to do is think about that beautiful fighter if I get tempted. ;)

They probably told you it would ship in September, 2016. It won't. They're taking a little over five years. But hey, more money for the coffee can, right?

I know it's hard, but just be patient. After the first couple of years, the time passes pretty quickly.

The current wait time is 48 months, we are now caught up to the original scheduled ship dates, so whatever your invoice tells you is most likely when it will be shipped, (barring a hurricane or two, or three), no matter WHAT Samael says...

---DW---

Thanks for that, Scott. I almost PMed you about that; I've been noticing the times getting shorter and shorter. Good to have it clarified.

Good catch. My last order, dated 1/30/12, is scheduled to ship on 9/8/16, so it looks like 58 to me.

Yeah, same here. the order I just placed is scheduled for September 2016.

Well as it turns out, it's almost 60 months in the end... thirty-nine pounds of change and ones, less one more jar of pennies that's at work just might be enough!

Attachments

• change.jpg
    change.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 47
Hahahaha! That took a lot of restraint! Good on ya, thanks for the laugh!

Stoked! So for what it's worth, it all worked out to almost precisely ten dollars saved per month. I counted up $577 in ones and silver change. I haven't counted or rolled the pennies yet. I did weigh them, and they weigh 13 pounds... which should be roughly $25. After tax, shipping and insurance, I still have enough for a decent bottle of whiskey for the unboxening!

Back