Ka-Bar 1607

Just added a 1607 to the herd and am seeking information about it. Years of manufacture; Original retail price; Handle & bolster materials; was the factory model name "Khyber Hunter" or is that a consumer nickname? I would post pictures but can't seem to do that from my computer. Many thanks.

in order to post pictures, you either need a paid membership to upload directly, or use a photo hosting site to link to - even IG or FB works so long as the pics are coded as public.

Can't see the pictures - says "URL link expired". What does the stamp read?

The 1605/1606/1607 models were made between 1981 and 1998. The original retail prices were $17.20 $21.30 and $24.60.

The handle material was "black composition", so some kind of plastic. They were made in Hong Kong during the Cole National period.

The time frame is broken into 3 periods - the Cole National period (1966-1982) or the American Consumer Products period (1982 - 1996) or the ALCAS/CUTCO periods (1996 to present).

If it is CN, it will have CLEVELAND OHIO in the stamp. If ACP, it will have SOLON OHIO in the stamp. If ALCAS/CUTCO, it will have OLEAN NY in the stamp. I don't remember if I have ever seen one of these models with an ACP or A/C stamp.

Can't see the pictures - says "URL link expired". What does the stamp read?

The 1605/1606/1607 models were made between 1981 and 1998. The original retail prices were $17.20 $21.30 and $24.60.

The handle material was "black composition", so some kind of plastic. They were made in Hong Kong during the Cole National period.

The time frame is broken into 3 periods - the Cole National period (1966-1982) or the American Consumer Products period (1982 - 1996) or the ALCAS/CUTCO periods (1996 to present).

If it is CN, it will have CLEVELAND OHIO in the stamp. If ACP, it will have SOLON OHIO in the stamp. If ALCAS/CUTCO, it will have OLEAN NY in the stamp. I don't remember if I have ever seen one of these models with an ACP or A/C stamp.
Thank you. It is a CN model since it has CLEVELAND OHIO in the stamp. Posting pictures on this site is a real pain.

Back