Kabar round peened tang era check?

https://imgur.com/a/s3fqC1M

Just seeing if any of you smart people can say definitively what Era this kabar is from?
It isn't mine, however I am considering buying it.
It appears to have the thicker pommel, no pins, and round peened tang.
Would I be correct in thinking this is the bottom version on the attached diagram?
Or were some peened tang kabars made post ww2?
Thanks

Can't see any diagram. A photo of the whole knife, blade markings, and pommel would be nice.

The auction also states it has a 160mm blade, which is shorter than the more recent ones I have in my collection. Maybe broken and reground ?

Can't see any diagram. A photo of the whole knife, blade markings, and pommel would be nice.
Sorry the only pics I have are the ones in the Imgur link I posted. I was hoping the round tang may be definitive unto itself.
The knife appears to have black rubber spacers which means it isn't the classic red spacer model.

The auction measurement is probably wrong - the blade is full, not shortened.

The knife is an early 1943 1219C2/USN-MK2, based on the lack of "OLEAN, NY" under the KABAR stamp. It has the thick pommel with a round peened/welded tang and a flat steel guard. The handle is stacked leather that has darkened over time. It is NOT black rubber.

The sheath appears to be one of the original era sheaths, most likely an unstamped Boyt-made sheath. The sheath was probably a replacement sheath as the steel stapled sheaths were later production.

Without a picture of the pile side ricasso stamp, a determination of 1219C2 or USN-MK2 be can't specified. The only difference between the knives is the branch stamp.

The associated picture from Cole has decent information, but Cole was not the end all / be all of information. There are several variations that he never mentioned, most likely because he never encountered them. Bill Walters' "US and Allied Military Knives Book 2" is a much better source, although, IMO, there are many errors in that book as well, especially with some of the Western knives.

Back