Karda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spark, I know you have better things to worry about, but please read this.

Karda has had an obvious grudge against members of the Cove for many months. Coming in to air his discontent as a member and his disappointment in the way we conduct ourselves.

He has seemingly made it his mission to get the Cove and Whine and Cheese shutdown, insulting and berating us. When we call him to task for his lunacy as a member he puts on his mod hat and starts locking and moving threads, even editing other members posts where he claims to participate as a member (when it suites him). He has told us to stay out of his subforum (HI), even though he claims to have no affiliation with the company.

His continued efforts at reforming the Cove have been met with obvious conflict and it was past tiresome long ago. As you are aware the way we do things in that s/f is somewhat unconventional in that we are largely self regulating. There is a group of resident members who have developed a bond and sense of community. It is an insult to all of us when we are treated like children by a Mod with a God complex.

I don't mean to come across as whiny kid by posting this thread, I am just at my wit's end when it comes to resolving this issue.

Everyone who posts in that subforum is financially contributing member of this website, and many have extensive involvement in other subforums throughout BFC. I feel this should not be overlooked when considering fixing this problem.

All of this on top of being the cause of the retirement of one of the most Respected members in Bladeforums history, and accusing us of being an accessory to our friend's suicide, it is time for Karda to go.

Thanks for your time,

Cooper.

Last edited:
I am no special person her but some people need here need to relax before there is an explosion here.

Thanks for the thread, Cooper !
You said what a lot of us are thinking…how long will Karda lord his powers
over us.

I, too, am sorry Spark to have to bother you about these circumstances but most
of us think you should know how it is.
I have zero issues with any other Mod and thank them for the tireless job they do.

Doug

I agree with Cooper.

Also, it wasn't that long ago that Karda pulled the same kinds of petty stunts on a bunch of the regulars in Custom & Handmade.

Perhaps it would be better for all involved if Karda simply ran the HI forum and left wider oversight to those with cooler heads and less of a personal agenda.

Above all else, I really hate seeing the mod staff in such turmoil and airing differences in public, not to mention losing the likes of Bastid. Whatever the outcome hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that Karda opened a locked thread, added a post containing disparaging remarks about Codger here, Greykilt, and Haze, and left it locked, not allowing them to defend their reputations .

That is not fair at all.

Above all else, I really hate seeing the mod staff in such turmoil and airing differences in public, not to mention losing the likes of Bastid. Whatever the outcome hopefully this gets resolved soon.

+1. :thumbup:

I for one totally disagree. That pot calling the kettle black saying comes to mind.

I couldn't agree more with the OP. At one time I actually respected Karda, and after watching this whole thing come to a head I can honestly say that he is at the root of all this simply by not acting like a calm and rational person when dealing with issues.

I for one totally disagree. That pot calling the kettle black saying comes to mind.

With all due respect, you have not been around long enough to see the entire picture. You did not know many of the players involved in certain aspects of the topic, so you cannot fully understand what is happening in its full context. It's easy for someone walking into a conversation half way though to make a snap judgement, and usually reach an emotional conclusion. I for one have nothing against you, and you should know if you read the message I wrote and sent you recently.

From what I have observed, I must agree with OP. Karda has overstepped his boundaries, and in the process has lost any sense of impartial judgment, to the point that it is a detriment to certain paying members of the forum.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with the OP. At one time I actually respected Karda, and after watching this whole thing come to a head I can honestly say that he is at the root of all this simply by not acting like a calm and rational person when dealing with issues.

I agree with Cooper.

Also, it wasn't that long ago that Karda pulled the same kinds of petty stunts on a bunch of the regulars in Custom & Handmade.

Perhaps it would be better for all involved if Karda simply ran the HI forum and left wider oversight to those with cooler heads and less of a personal agenda.

I agree here. Here is what I posted elsewhere today:

Unilateral agendas, persecution complexes, and repeated, petty digs from a Super are tough to watch. Blues, Cougar, Bastid, Esav, and more recently Morrow and RevDevil--all of them were/are excellent at staying above the fray. Karda makes everything personal though, and he would likely benefit, mentally and emotionally, if he went back to just modding the HI sub forums. Absent the purge efforts, BFC would likely benefit as well.

To add...

Karda has displayed this behavior in the past in the Back End and in Customs fairly recently. His latest crusade has been in W&C and particularly the Cove, which he apparently aims to clean up and instill some sort of moral high ground to which only he apparently has access. Folks with whom I've communicated suspect that Karda has instability going on in other parts of his life since it's clear that his behavior on the forums is not that of a rationale decision maker. Gus is absolutely right. Karda's continued presence as a Super has led to a tone that is downright toxic. It's a shame too because, in his own way, Karda clearly cares about BFC. But his is not a personality suited for the management of a group of largely Alpha males.

I do realize that I'm new here and haven't had a whole lot of interaction but I have to throw my opinion in. From what I understand the Cove is relatively un-moderated and is only for paying members and has quite the reputation for being pretty loose with its topics. So if I were a paid member that was easily offended I am sure I would stay out of that area. No one makes anybody go there so you can't get upset going there voluntarily. If you go there to spout off like an idiot/internet tuff guy/attention whore you are going to be put in your place quickly. That is why I have made very few posts there because it is not my area, I am an uninvited guest and will conduct myself as such. So to come in and try and throw your Mod powers around is pretty uncalled for no one goes into HI and tells them not to post about kukris because that is asinine so why would you come into the Cove and tell people to stop posting offensive things when I'm pretty sure that is the whole point, to keep the offensivnes contained and out of the "family forums".

I have no place or reason to play "favorites". I speak only as someone who has been following whats happening.

That being said, I agree with everyone here (besides mturbo). Karda is delusional and out to get people who participate in the cove. Hes the first to say deal with it when a troll has the "upper hand". But hes also the first to attack when said troll is no longer in control of whats going on.

:thumbdown: Karda

Kevin, I've been here a long time and in all the years here and all the meltdowns this is one that needs some intervention. I know you've got plenty on your plate and I know you don't need the phone calls out emails but there are a lot of members here asking you to intervene.

Karda is having issues and the cove and its inhabitants seem to be the focus of his issues and his own agenda. We're not perfect but we manage our own backyard, nobody's forced to participate or made to stay and everyone who he's come to the defense of had participated willingly in the same manner as those he's decided to chastise.

Thank you for listening Kevin,
Ted E.

Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that Karda opened a locked thread, added a post containing disparaging remarks about Codger here, Greykilt, and Haze, and left it locked, not allowing them to defend their reputations .

That is not fair at all.

Also, what he posted there was a made up lie to further his agenda. None of that nonsense happened anywhere but here on BFC. There was no "off site conspiring" or anything of the sort. I was being trolling and harrased in PMs and in emails as well as starting to get "stalked" in a sub forum I frequent long before I started the W&C thread calling Treeshaker on his games. What it was that actually happened after that I have no idea.
I'll also point out it was after Karda had to reverse an infraction issued in the Cove that he became "snippy" with me. I can only presume that bothered him enough to get us where we are today and he simply jumped at his chance to make a fuss with that particular event.

Haze, Greykilt, Codger64 Et;al all had a hand in that fiasco. They instigated it offsite and brought it here.
Only Treeshaker was banned. Spark reversed it.

Pardon me, but I don't think it's right or proper for people to use this site to instigate potentially damaging and unwarranted acts to occur to someones livelihood.

It is an act of the lowest character and should not be condoned. The antics in this forum have gotten out of control due to a group of entitled bullies.
It gives this wonderful site a black eye and tarnishes what could be a wonderful resource of information without it. Here they are allowed to trash reputations and make sport of the very people that make this place what it is. Many of these people rarely visit the rest of the forum and repeatedly have to be reminded not to troll manufacturer and discussion forums. They ruin the enjoyment of others on the site for their cheap thrills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back