Kershaw vs Gerber

Which knife would u choose Kershaw Barrage, sold only at walmart, or the Gerber remix which for some unknown reason is a hot seller. The Kershaw i can get with shipping for under 15 bucks...

The Kershaw Barrage at $15 is a bargain. I'd recommend that over anything from Gerber in the same price range.

The Kershaw Barrage 2445ST is a great knife for the money. Nothing wrong with Gerber, but I've been very pleased with the Kershaw. It has a very good edge profile and it holds an edge very well. A great cutter.

EDIT: Yeah, $15 is great. I paid $35 for mine and I thought that was a good price.

There's a new youtube review I found that you might want to watch on the Barrage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBKIEPplS0

My Barrage
WT_Barrage2.jpg

Let us know what you decide.

I wish the kershaw barrage came in a plain edge version...but the gerber remix...always sells for a lot of money..even on ebay i noticed rarely does the winning bid really get much off retail..so i was curious what makes that gerber so in demand..

so i was curious what makes that gerber so in demand..

The remix isn't in the same league as the Barrage. The kershaw's 14C28N steel is a lot better than the 440A on the remix. I also think the frame lock on the Barrage is a lot stronger than the slide lock on the remix.

I don't have a remix so my opinions are just based on reading the specs and looking at the pictures online. I do have the Barrage and it's a great knife, especially for $15. I might have to buy several more at that price.

As to why it's in demand. If it really is in demand then maybe some people who don't know better just think it looks cool.

BTW, Gerber does make some great knives. I'm not trying to disparage the company. It's just that between these two particular knives I'd go with the Barrage.

Ebay and i just won the auction for 10 bucks....yeah me..the gerber remix went for 17 bucks..agian what is so special about the gerber..it always goes for a good amount of money

Congratulations on getting a great deal on a great knife. I'm sure you'll like it.

The fact that nobody on BF has chimed in singing the praises of the remix should tell you something.

Holy toledo imagine buying akershaw for 15.00 I love kershaw knives .The cheapest one iever bought 39.95 at awalmart store .and imight add damned happy to get it at that price. Ithink alot of knife people remember the good old days when pete gerber steered the ship and turned out some realy realy fabulous knives. personaly i havent seen arealy good Gerber in quite some time CHUCKV

I wish the kershaw barrage came in a plain edge version...but the gerber remix...always sells for a lot of money..even on ebay i noticed rarely does the winning bid really get much off retail..so i was curious what makes that gerber so in demand..

It does... limited. Costs a little more also.
Sorry if the pics are a little dark. I was having issues with the lighting for the camera that day.
KS2445CKTA.jpg

KS2445CKTB.jpg

Kershaw rulz. :thumbup:

I got my new damascus Barrage this week :D, I love it. :thumbup:

Kershaw_Barragedam1.jpg

Kershaw_Barragedam2.jpg

Back