Knife addiction

...but I can stop any time I want to. I just don't want to right now.

Lol, sure you can buddy.
What are the warning signs that you have a knife addiction?

1. Everything reminds of knives (you see a bug. Bugs-spiders-spydies. There was a song, can't remmember who by, a little while a go that said goodnight like 50 times, I heard good knife)

2. People think you are wierd because you are randomly missing patches of arm hair.

3. You have an account on bladeforums and post threads like, "I think I have a knife addiction".

4. It makes you get a job (I am a teenager, nothing has made me get a part time job...but I can't stand it, I need knife money.)

What are the warning signs that you have a knife addiction?

1. Everything reminds of knives... check. Butterflies make me want a Benchmade, and a tick or a Spyder, err spider, give me the idea of opening my Dragonfly. Fat guys remind me of Lynn Thompson, and every quick "flicking" sound makes me turn my head to see the cool Kershaw.

2. People think you are wierd because you are randomly missing patches of arm hair. Hash on this one. Instead they wonder what all the pocket clips are sticking out of my pockets.

3. You have an account on bladeforums and post threads like, "I think I have a knife addiction". Check. But I've told you; I can stop any time I want.

4. It makes you get a job.
I've gotten jobs just to have enough money to buy the newest Kershaw or Spyderco; what's your point?

I don't think it's very fair to call me (or anyone else) an addict because of these things. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure all of my cutlery is still hair-shaving sharp before I go to bed.

I like your thinking! ;)

It's not so bad, I have a friend (or a sorta friend, well OK not a good friend) that drinks everyday and smokes 3 or 4 packs of cigarettes. Some others burn it up in illegal high priced pot, or even worse coke or meth (then they get the meth mouth and sores and steal everything they can). At least we get to keep our addictive substance and sometimes the value goes up!

Your wife accuses you of having 300 knives. You count them and only find 298, you buy two more as to not make your wife a liar.:D

I am not a addict but I have heard that such people do exist:thumbdn:.

Wait...there are people out there who don't own knives????
But...how do they do... anything???
Knives are your friends, if everyone has them, would it still be an addiction?

My name is Franck, I'm NOT a knife addict, I JUST WANT TO HAVE THE CHOICE... not a problem for me but I'm living in France where knifes and other weapons are not allowed outside !!! I'm risking big trouble withe my EDC of the day (ZT 0500, Karambit Tarani 5.11, push XSF Blakhawk, push CS urban pal, Ti card Nemesis, ASP baton 21", "collier de combat" fred Perrin, and my little mouse-lite Bladetech) "C'est la vie"

All you're posts do show signs of addiction to a certain extent. For the ones who hide them from their wives which can cause damage to the marriage and lets face it the divorce rate is high enough. Tell them you're only buying them for their protection and that of course you love them more than you're knives. Plus you are buying them as an investment and it's better than the stock market right now. This should keep her at bay for a while or at least till the market goes up. I will try and find another solution for you till then. JNIEMPORTE & PEANUTS try shaving your leg hairs next time, less visability especially in the winter months. Keep the post coming it will help in the recovery process.

Last edited:
Every previous comment on this thread rings true to me, so I'm totally screwed :( . Totally. But it's kind of reassuring to know that there are many others out there who share this problem. Makes me feel better somehow :D

5.56 you have started on the road to recovery! Tsuba other than leaving the house with a small artillery you might need a sharp blade to free yourself from the seatbelt if your ever in a car accident unless seatbelts are not required in France. Stay safe!

Last edited:
I too suffer from a knife addiction......hold on a minute, I need to buy another knife:D

I don' t necessarily see everyone here as an addict, for example me.
Like somebody else already said, I can also stop anytime I want.
It' s not like an addiction for me, it' s simply about collecting them and having fun and pride in owning them.

Though I do have a little problem with those impulse buys:eek:

miro44 sounds like he has an addiction to me...face it, if you are posting here you have an addiction.

When you run out of leg hair.....well I guess i'm blessed....I turn to my backside! Use my wifes full length mirror to make sure it's still shaving sharp!

Big Matt I'm detecting a bit of vainess just make sure it does'nt become an addiction. And don't cut yourself. It would make it difficult to sit. MIRO44 I do not advise impulse buying. I have done this and found that when receiving my purchase the high expectations I had where let down which caused me to go in search of another buy. I agree with you from a collecting stand point and pride of ownership. A friend of mine collects also and he looks at it as an investment that can be handed down to his children. Continue having fun with you're hobby.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for the advice, I' m working on the impulse buying thing.
I think that as long as it' s fun and i don' t feel an uncomfortable urge to buy another one it' s ok. And I have also learnt to be happy with what I' ve got, and not receive one...and order another one right away.

I don't know, I collect knives...but I also collect other things. Like baseball cards, marbles, crack, so what? Am I addicted to those things too?!

I could stop buying SAK's any time I want.

Because now the machete bug has bit.

Muwha ha ha haa...

Just when I think I have every knife known to man, I come on here and someone is talking about a knife they just love or a new great knife to have and then it starts all over for me again. I have to have that knife. Also when I go to a store and I see a knife that i havent seen before then I want it. So yes, Im a knife addict. I carry at least 3 on me all the time. Most of the time I have 5.

Back