1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Knifewars instead of Craftwars

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 72jroberts, Aug 9, 2012.

1. 72jroberts

72jroberts

Mar 16, 2012
    There's a show called Craftwars where people are challenged into taking materials picked by the show and making something out of it. The contestants are allowed to have "helpers". I've seen part of this show once, and I thought it was mildly entertaining, but apparently my 7 yr old daughter and wife watch it all the time. So yesterday my daughter says, " They should have a show called 'knifewars', where you make a knife and a handle and a sheath, who would you pick to be your helper?" I immediately said, "Dylan Fletcher". To which my daughter was incensed, she said, " I wanted you to pick ME!!"
    I laughed, she's my sweetie.
    Thx for reading,
    John

2. MRaymond

MRaymond

Jan 27, 2012
    Cute story, I was thinking to myself as I was reading " Oh, boy, he better say his daughter". Funny.

3. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Hahaha! My daughter would have said the same thing!

4. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    Next niche reality show? Webcast, get Kertzmann Publishing and Smokey Mountain Knife works to sponsor the thing. Regular show would stream and you could download the full version for a charge, or sign up to receive the download automatically.

Divide it into forging and stock removal categories, as well as an amateur and professional class.

5. 72jroberts

72jroberts

Mar 16, 2012
    Good Idea, Shorttime!!
    John

6. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks.
    Cut me in for 3% of the gross and we'll be square.