1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Lansky Blue Sapphire stone question

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Neko2, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    I just got a Lansky 5 stone sharpening system and in that they offer me a "super blue sapphire" hone with extra goodies at a decent price. Is the blue sapphire worth the $14.95 they are offering it at?
    WIll it really give me a "professional mirror finish"?
    I'm just kinda skeptical...

Thanks in advance
    N2

2. fuzzyedge

fuzzyedge

Aug 3, 2002
    The diamond Lansky stones/hones can be found for about $15.00, so it doesn't sound too bad to me, but I've never tried the saphire job.

3. Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Jun 9, 1999
    I don't have any experience with the blue saphire stone, but I doubt it will do much more than the fine ceramic in the deluxe Lansky. That hone is pretty fine, the only think I would use after that would be a very fine waterstone or a strop.

4. fudo

fudo

Aug 27, 1999
    I have the blue saphire stone and I use it on most things as the last stop on the sharpening road. Not all of the time, but mostly. It does a fine job. Technique always makes the difference.

5. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Thanks alot Fudo, thats exactly what I needed to hear.

::runs off to mail the order ticket::

N2