Large Print style

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Many of you have stated that you are having a difficult time reading the forums. I'm working on changing that for you.

At the bottom of every page, there's a dark blue bar. On the left of that bar is a drop down list that allows you to pick various styles. Select the BFC LARGE PRINT style.

Tell me what you think. Give me feedback on what areas still need to be enlarged within that style, I'll do what I can.

Hey, Spark! I've been checking out the large print, just for giggles.

The one thing I'm seeing is that when other people's posts are quoted from the small print style, the quotes carry over in the small print. Not sure yet, but large print may carry over the same way.

Is there a way to merge the font within quotes to whatever style the page is being displayed in?

This isn't a huge problem, but might make it easier for folks who need the large print to read the quotes and for those who don't need large print to not see "Forum Yell" in quoted posts. :D

Last edited:
Hey, Spark! I've been checking out the large print, just for giggles.

The one thing I'm seeing is that when other people's posts are quoted from the small print style, the quotes carry over in the small print. Not sure yet, but large print may carry over the same way.

Is there a way to merge the font within quotes to whatever style the page is being displayed in?

This isn't a huge problem, but might make it easier for folks who need the large print to read the quotes and for those who don't need large print to not see "Forum Yell" in quoted posts. :D
Testing out the quoted text

Ok, is that better?

No problem

Wow this helped a lot. Thanks... :thumbup:
Before switching to the large style print, I could only stay on for about 5-10 minutes, instead of my usual 2 hours or so, and it was really straining the eyes.

Another option, at least for Firefox users, is simply to increase the font size within your browser (the command is ctrl +, i.e., control and then the plus key). Firefox will automatically remember your site-specific font size preferences, so other sites will still display in their regular font sizes. In other words, the larger font size will only apply for BladeForums, meaning that you won't have to worry about manually toggling between font sizes as you browse different sites.

Same thing with chrome as well. It's what I use on various sites, but I don't mind making a skin for people either.

Thanks for the large print i was getting pretty good at finding my way around the forum - seems to be good upgrade but i dont know much about internet stuff -- the large print is making it easier for me to find my away around again -- Thanks

Eric

Last edited:
Thank you, Spark! Much better.

No problems as of yet. I like the new font size. Did notice the member names on the whats new page are small but no big deal. (also like being able to input images with out going advanced.)

PS. I just went to edit my post and the font size went back to small again!!!

hi every body
it s ok for me
thanks a lot for your buisness
i am very happy on blade forum
a lot off beautiful knives
regards
allain to france

It is working for me.I did go to view and zoomed in a little more.
For those that don't know you can do that on any website.

I mentioned this somewhere else, but if there was a way to make the Member's name larger, that would really help.

It's such an important indicator of each member, and each each post, and it's too low-key.

I don't like the large text here, but all the other enlargements work, if wished. Good tips.

Coop

I mentioned this somewhere else, but if there was a way to make the Member's name larger, that would really help.

It's such an important indicator of each member, and each each post, and it's too low-key.
+1 for larger members. (Wait, what?)

Joking aside, I've been thinking the same thing about the font for members' names being a bit too small in the new layout.

Isn't the username larger in the large print style?

Isn't the username larger in the large print style?
It is, but what I (and I think Coop) had in mind was making the username larger relative to the rest of the text around it (e.g., user title). Similar to what it was like with the old format, with the username in a larger font and user title, post count, location, and so forth in smaller fonts.

Spark, could you make BFC large print about one more size larger,
sincerely,
shawn

Back