Latest Sheath.

After watching Chucks video on making sheaths, I feel my edges have gotten better - as well as my welts. I make wider welts on these double stitched sheaths - that I think are better looking and more safe. The video also settled for me on what measurements were important to start with (welt size and the like).

MLWoodsandBushKnifeSheath003.jpg

MLWoodsandBushKnifeSheath004.jpg

MLWoodsandBushKnifeSheath005.jpg

MLWoodsandBushKnifeSheath001.jpg

MLWoodsandBushKnifeSheath002.jpg

This one is for me. I finally got caught up on sheaths and while I was waiting for some information on the next batch of five sheaths I have to do, I made this one.

Comments and criticisms are always welcome.

TF

Great work.
Perfect the sewing, beautiful the lines.
All is professional.
BRAVO !

Regards, Raga

Beautiful job! The double stitching looks really good. :cool:

I got Chuck's video set about two weeks ago. I wish this had been my first purchase when I got interested in leather work. It would've saved a lot of painstaking research on many things. I think it's a great buy even for someone that's been at it a while, and I've learned a lot from it.

Very nice, as always, TF! Your sheaths always make me want to copy them :p

~Noah

Looks nice. :thumbup:

What thickness leather do you use and do you skive the welt near the tip?

Very nice!! Clean, professional lines and execution! Pretty work! I'm glad to see you moving away from the squared off sheaths. Personal preference, I know, but my personal preference is for this sort of design. Again, very nicely done!!

Stitchawl

The funny thing is that I am filling an order for 5 square pants sheaths. ;) I like both - but I am liking a little more round in my sheaths these days. I am sure that will change again! ;)

TF

This looks very nice TF! As always, you have clean lines, perfect stitching, and clean wet forming.

I've been playing with straight-edged sheaths myself lately, and I've been wanting to do a square one like yours but I feel like that would be ripping you off :p. Maybe I'll figure out some way to make mine different and then I won't feel bad about it, haha

~Noah

It must have really hurt to part with that square corner....but you're young, you'll get over it.
Nice work as usual.

Noah.....those square pants have been around for a long time, you wouldn't be ripping anybody off.

That looks really nice I like the double stitching also it gives it a nice flare. Do you buy the clevises or make them.

I bought them. I havd to buy them 144 at a time!

So - if you have the need for a few - I can sell you some! ;)

Ray's right (sometimes even a blind dog finds a bone) and they have been around for a long time. They started with Alan Wood adding some width to the bottom of his sheaths and then JRE really added alot. When I started making sheaths - I essentially copied a JRE. It was VERY well made and I liked it. I added some things - took away some things - and still think - for the money - JRE makes some of the best macro sheaths out there.

Okay - I am off topic.

TF

Back