Recommendation? Less than desirable customer support today

Original Reddit post with photo
So I reached out to Spyderco in regards to an issue regarding S30v Black Tanto PM2 I recently purchased new at BladeHQ. The issue was the pocketclip screws were way overtightened with an excessive amount of blue threadlocker, after snapping a bit, destroying screws I realized the factory pocket clip imprinted into the G10 and is very noticeable. Fortunately I had extra screws I could use but dont match the knife. When the representative reached out, with less than helpful manners said there's nothing they can do due to it being an exclusive, and that I could send it in for a credit. All I truly wanted was a replacement back black scale. But the support today makes me less than happy about my purchase. What options do I have as I really dont want aftermarket scales on this knife?

I don't understand why this knife doesn't come tip up from the factory, I'd say the majority of people do not carry tip down. Afaik all Seki models come tip up?

Yeah come on guys: Short Story

I found this guy on a different platform about this issue. I told him to come here and post what happened with his knife SO HE WOULD BE TREATED BETTER and possibly get a resolution from Sal if he sees this. But just straight up being rude to a new member is uncalled for. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t been over here?

stillshot2, It's because the knife designer, Eric Glesser (along with Sal), specified tip down. You're right though, most people switch it to tip up.

Last edited:
Yeah come on guys: Short Story

I found this guy on a different platform about this issue. I told him to come here and post what happened with his knife SO HE WOULD BE TREATED BETTER and possibly get a resolution from Sal if he sees this. But just straight up being rude to a new member is uncalled for. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t been over here?
Let's try this.

tazkristi tazkristi

I really wasn't trying to be rude at all. If you're breaking bits trying to remove a screw in a knife handle it's most likely a bad bit. That may be the reason the screws got messed up also, as cheap bits usually don't fit well.

Hi Warhound,

Welcome to our forum and sorry for your disappointment. Also sorry that your first post had to be a complaint.

I would suggest that you contact customer service again, ask for Charlynn. I'll alert her to your issue.

sal

This is an example of why I never try to take any of my Spydies apart, unless absolutely necessary.

And I really don't get the tip up/tip down "controversy."' No matter which way the tip is positioned, I've never had a problem pulling it from my pocket and opening it so that the pointy end was directed where I wanted to stick it. 🤷‍♂️

This is an example of why I never try to take any of my Spydies apart, unless absolutely necessary.

And I really don't get the tip up/tip down "controversy."' No matter which way the tip is positioned, I've never had a problem pulling it from my pocket and opening it so that the pointy end was directed where I wanted to stick it. 🤷‍♂️
OK, but they give you the option to change the position of the pocket clip.

Hi Warhound,

I spoke with Charlynn, after you spoke with her. Apparently she said she would hep you out with the screws, but it is our policy not to replace scales, especially on Exclusives, where we don't keep extra scales. I think the mark of the clip will be long gone in use.

Sorry we couldn't serve your request for a scale, but it is beyond what we do.

sal

Back