Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Barry Dawson #08 dagger. 1980s Durango period.

N7WIwHm.jpeg

Zieg
I bought a Lynn Dawson dagger for my ex, many years ago. I don't have a good pic of it unfortunately :( :thumbsup:

I wear that Stormy Kromer all the time. Got it on right now. We just call em winter caps. Nichole use to have an embroidery machine so she did our brand on it for me. I didn't know they'd done clothing until you showed your jacket that time. Interesting about the fit in the shoulders. I have been a big Pendleton Wool western shirt fan for years. Very spendy but generational shirts. Really its all I can remember my grandfather and uncles (ranching in Oregon) wearing if it wasn't summer. I've got several in the closet one some decades old. They are durable and warm. I've been bucked off in em and all kinds of stuff and they keep on keeping on. So a couple of years ago I got one for Christmas. Same size as my others XL Tall. But it fit completely different. So I got on their website and found out that they had "modernized the fit." Which means I couldn't hardly lift my arm up to even with my shoulder. Might work ok for a guy lifting a cup of coffee in his cubicle in Seattle but come on this is a western shirt. It even says High Grade Western Wear on the label. I couldn't swing a rope in this thing to save my life. One of my old ones:

nNGJv5O.jpg

Lifting your arm that high in the new one....impossible. Fit everywhere else is the same. Go figure. Yeah I don't know what the Filson Mackinaw is there but they are $500 here and while kinda popular in the cowboy world, they are pricing themselves out and a little dated.

Thank you sir both for the knife and the furniture compliments! Do have to tell you the funny story on the "Epic Desk". We wanted a desk to fit along a wall in a spare bedroom so that Nichole could use it as her office and still have a bed in there for guests. The previous desk was L shaped and came off the wall into the center of the room enough that you couldn't have a bed in there too. So we measured this and measured that. Nichole was specific about her two 27" monitors and printer etc etc. Enrigue"s wife, Elma took our chicken scratching and translated into a great drawing with measurements and into Spanish as well, and a chair to match. They sent it off to one of their makers down by Guadalajara. Months later got a call that it was ready and they would be delivering it. When they were part way up the hill Nichole asks me. "Did we ever measure the doorway into the room? " Oh heck no! Course its 29"s and bout that time they pull up with a large cargo trailer. The desk at its narrowest is 32"s. Ain't gonna work. Plan B: So our Cantina became the office and the Epic desk is on the other wall facing the bar above.. As Enrigue and his mountainous son are edging it into the cantina, Nichole says "Does any one else have such a large desk?" And I replied: " Maybe JR on Dallas!" And its been called the epic desk ever since:. Nichole is quite a bit younger then me. Not sure she got the JR thing!

Y6hwRdo.jpg

A Cowboy Toothpick:

oFRZkt7.jpg

Handled in Bubinga.

JUlcezO.jpg
You still offer these? Didn’t see it on your website

You still offer these? Didn’t see it on your website
They pop up occasionally. Dave likes to rotate through models when he makes them, so if you wait long enough and check daily you can likely snag one. Better to PM him or email him about having one made sooner than later.

Yep DocJeki pretty much hit it on the head. There was a Cowboy Toothpick in the last batch I posted but it sold right away. I'm working on another batch right now. Finished grinding the primary bevels on the blades yesterday. Will start in on the handles and bolsters today for the bolstered models. There are two Cowboy Toothpicks in this batch. One in AEB-L stainless like this one above. The other in 26C3 high carbon thats was clay coated during heat treat. Its got a pretty cool hamon. No idea what handle material will go on either of em at this time. Just don't know yet. Yeah get ahold of me if you are looking for something specific.

Now thats assuming we're talking about the knife. I did make my leggings in the roping picture, my spur straps and the reins. Of the three only the spur straps are what we're making these days.

Here's the one from the last batch:

zcRrUb9.jpg

Last edited:
Back