1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Little knife with a lot of character

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by bear1889, Sep 29, 2012.

1. bear1889

bear1889

Feb 21, 2009
    Shapleigh Hardware 3" Coke Bottle Jack . The more I look at it the more I appreciate the character, style, and lines.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Bear
    I am right there with you. The lines, bone, long pull, blade length and shape, well everything, is sweet!!! I want it:D
    Do you have a closeup of the tang stamp?

Here is another Shapleigh with a lot of character:

My little peanut

[​IMG]

3. jwolf90

jwolf90

Oct 17, 2011
    love those pics, I happened to run across a Shapliegh yesterday along with an interesting Camillus knife( main blade is a spear the other is a pry blade and it has a bail, it also has an etch that reads Xcelite brand k422), last one was an O.V.B single blade pruner I think, it has great walk and talk and it was made for Hibbard Spencer and Bartlett a Chicago Hardware Co with I thought to be nice since I live in the near the City. All this at a church estate sale wear I had to go pick my mother and grandmother up at:D I also forgot to mention an very thin flat ground kitchen or skining knife that has a stamp on the blade that reads Village blacksmith watertown Wisconsin I think don't quote me on the town but its something close to that. Sorry I've Hijacked your thread and carried on so long

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    That knife has both a lot of quality and 'atmosphere'. By that I mean the aesthetics of it and the heritage.

Very compact sleek lines and in very nice condition too, appreciate you letting us have a look.

Regards, Will

5. supratentorial

supratentorial

Dec 19, 2006
    Cool knife. I like the jigged bone a lot. I sold a small coke bottle in the Exchange and it currently resides with a friend in NZ but I don't think he'll mind me sharing an old photo. It's a peach.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. bear1889

bear1889

Feb 21, 2009
    Gevonovich, I will try to get it. I am surprised I can see it in the bottom picture. It is extremely faint.

Supratentorial, nice knife, love the stag, I am envious.

7. Geode

Geode

May 12, 2001
    Those are some nice knives with that heirloom look to them.