"Loose" umnum pocket clip?

Just got back from my local dealer, and having to talk myself out of buying the two Large Lisa's Picks that they had in, I settled on an Umnum instead. When I got it back to the house and was fondling, I noticed that the pocket clip doesn't touch the frame like my Sebenza. Is this normal? It seems a bit loose in my pocket. I tried to take the clip off, but once I unscrew the screw, the darn thing is stuck in there pretty good. I don't know if this is something worth bring up to the company, I just want to make sure I'm not over-reacting. Thanks!!

B3FrhPnl.jpg

Hmmn.. I have ten Zanns and all of the clips touch the lock bar. Perhaps it is not seated correctly and or the screw is not in all the way? Sounds like another question for Cody..
Sorry I could not be more helpful.
All the best, Dave

I've had that issue, I've put a piece of cloth between the frame and clip and used a screwdriver to pry it out so the frame doesn't get scratched. Mine was stuck pretty good, thought I was going to break something. It did pop out. The portion of the pocket clip that fits in the cut out of the frame should fit flush with the frame, if it is not flush, then the clip will not sit on the frame and that's what it looks like from the pic.. I've taken the clip and on the back side, put it on a stone to smooth it out a bit. Good Luck.......Or call/email CRK

The clip is a tight fit. You could put some padding between the knife and clip, then use your Allen wrench to pry it off. Like Dave said all of mine touch the scale. Even my EDC that gets tugged off and on several times a day is tight.

Take the blue cloth, slide it between the clip and frame and use it to pull the clip off. Once the clip is off wrap the cloth around one end of the clip, use visegrips or pliers or something to hold the end with the screw hole and bend it a little. Voila, fixed clip.

Just got back from my local dealer, and having to talk myself out of buying the two Large Lisa's Picks that they had in, I settled on an Umnum instead. When I got it back to the house and was fondling, I noticed that the pocket clip doesn't touch the frame like my Sebenza. Is this normal? It seems a bit loose in my pocket. I tried to take the clip off, but once I unscrew the screw, the darn thing is stuck in there pretty good. I don't know if this is something worth bring up to the company, I just want to make sure I'm not over-reacting. Thanks!!

B3FrhPnl.jpg

One of the great beauties of Titanium is that is has spring memory and resists fracturing when bent (unlike say aluminum, that will break if you bend it back and forth). This is why they make jet turbine blades from titanium.

What that means is that if you can pry the clip out of its socket (using some paper or something to keep the scratches away) don't worry at all about putting a little more angle on your clip. Putting some more bend in it will not weaken, fracture, or anneal the metal, or take away its springyness. That's why the CRK pocket clip is the gold standard. Most other makers use steel, which does not share these great properties to the same extent. I've caught my clip on doorframes etc and mashed it up pretty good. Took it off, bent it back to shape, and you'd never know.

I've had that issue, I've put a piece of cloth between the frame and clip and used a screwdriver to pry it out so the frame doesn't get scratched. Mine was stuck pretty good, thought I was going to break something. It did pop out. The portion of the pocket clip that fits in the cut out of the frame should fit flush with the frame, if it is not flush, then the clip will not sit on the frame and that's what it looks like from the pic.. I've taken the clip and on the back side, put it on a stone to smooth it out a bit. Good Luck.......Or call/email CRK

This was exactly the problem. Thank you for the advice, I've fixed it. Only problem now, I partially stripped the screw!! Dagummit.

I thought someone here had some extra screws. Look around on the forum.
And that's why I love CRK's, fit and finish like no other

I thought someone here had some extra screws. Look around on the forum.
And that's why I love CRK's, fit and finish like no other

Can you get screw sets from CRK? Some of the screws on my 21 are partially stripped as well.

Back