M-18 Hits the Woods, Makes Fire with Damp Wood, Cooks Soup

This was my first major outing with the M-18. Happy to say it performed very well. I'm still learning how to use it. There are a lot of sweet spots to that knife.

[video=youtube;sSprN40KazQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSprN40KazQ[/video]

We cooked a lot this weekend. Unfortunately, not over a fire in the woods. While watching your video, it was like being there. Your video inspired me. It gave me a day hiking idea. Cheers.

While watching your video, it was like being there. Your video inspired me. It gave me a day hiking idea.

That is all I care about. If one person gets something out of each video it is more than enough. Someday my grandkids will have a buttload of videos of me goofing off in the woods, but that is a long term investment.

That's a real sweet set up you have with the M-18, AIG. I like how you carry it, horizontally in the bright orange sheath. You really need to do up a video showing all the features of the M-18, once you've wrung it out thoroughly and figured out all its cool little tricks.

In other news, I made your recipe for Hot Brown tonight, and hot dang, that was good stuff. It was just the thing for a cold, snowy day. Thanks for posting that vid as well.

Great video Doc! I know you have more fun shooting them than we do watching them, but I can't imagine by much. I'm always looking forward to your vids, especially when they star my favorite blades!

Cool video AIG. Man that M-18 looks a lot easier to wield one handed than I was thinking it would be.

Another great video doc.

Cool video AIG. Man that M-18 looks a lot easier to wield one handed than I was thinking it would be.

That's the thing that amazed me about it. It really feels light in the hand.

Great video once again, thanks for sharing.

Just one request is there anyway to slow down the section where your playing with the knife? i know it would of made the video longer but id like to see that part in normal speed

Great video once again, thanks for sharing.

Just one request is there anyway to slow down the section where your playing with the knife? i know it would of made the video longer but id like to see that part in normal speed

Eventually I will make a video with it showing what I've learned from using it. I didn't really want to leave that section full length because of time issues.

Another great video doc.

That's the thing that amazed me about it. It really feels light in the hand.

I found that when using it 1 handed, if you tip the blade up it is easier to control. Has to do with the pivot point and weighting I think.

Brilliant vid as usual AIG! I really like the understated way you present this stuff. And it's always nice to see the M-18 in use!

Hey AIG, have you tried chopping with the draw knife very much? I was experimenting on about a 5 inch piece of downed cedar yesterday and discovered I was getting through it about as quick with short, controlled swings with the draw knife. Just wondering..

Back