Magnetic knife holder

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just slapped this together for my wife's birthday. Nice piece of upcycled walnut. Totally unclutters our counter top
5l0nNId.jpg

Rare earth magnets imbedded in the wood? That a nice size.

I don't recognize any Lorien knives on it though and that fly swatter thingy - bet it won't cut. :D

Rare earth magnets imbedded in the wood? That a nice size.

I don't recognize any Lorien knives on it though and that fly swatter thingy - bet it won't cut. :D
I ripped a pocket in the back with my table saw and a chisel. There's probably about 1/4" of wood between the magnet and the things stuck to it.
There was a Kershaw display case which I kept for years from back when I sold pocket knives at the bike shop, which had a couple bar magnets in it. I've had them for well over ten years! Some people say I'm a hoarder, but I'm just someone who can't throw things away šŸ˜‚

There are actually three knives that I made hanging on that thing, and one that I designed which Charles Vestal made. Don't be swattin flies with my spatula!

great idea and execution
I may borrow that idea
well, that idea is not unique to me! It's open source :)
you'll be glad you did it, though. Man, I am loving all the additional counter space

well, that idea is not unique to me! It's open source :)
you'll be glad you did it, though. Man, I am loving all the additional counter space
Please email the wall space, so I can justify making one.

Back