Member kimchii warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rycen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
Since you don't have your email enabled you can discuss your issue here.

You made a low offer in a sale and informed the seller that you could get it cheaper from the maker. Regardless of what his price is,it's his prerogative to sell at whatever price he wishes without your commentary.

Section 2 under buyers number 5

Do not post in a person's thread unless you have an implicit interest in buying the item. Posts like, "Nice knife!", "Why is the price so high/low?", "I wish I had funds" are not allowed. This means absolutely no commentary or feedback in someone's sales thread. Seriously, if you stomp on someone's ad, your account can and will be locked. The only exception to this is in the Knife Makers Market areas (if the maker/craftsman requests and welcomes feedback)

Your email

"the warning i received does not seem to make sense. I stated that the maker is selling the product for a lower cost brand new, and i stated what i was willing to pay for it. i suggest you read through the rules and describe how in face i may have broken them specifically instead of generally suggesting that i should "read the rules". again i posted an offer in some ones sales thread, i stated a fact about the price the maker offers. never did i say 'dont sell it at this cost" or make any reference about him not selling it at the price he is asking. so in no way have i violated any rules. also for a community of such american freedom loving kind of people, your nazi kind of structure on what can/will be allowed to be said is rather insulting."

Your warning

User: kimchii
Infraction: Failure to follow Forum Specific Rules

Administrative Note:
Sales interference

Message to User:
Do not post things like this in someone's sales thread. It's their prerogative to sell at whatever price they want. Read through the rules here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/an...php?f=699&a=98

Original Post:
1500 i'll take it.. no point in paying 150 over what i could order it from maker, and waiting is not a big deal

"Do not post in a person's thread unless you have an implicit interest in buying the item" ... did i not offer 1500 for a blade thats worth 1800. that doesnt seem like a low offer to me. great he has the right to ask any unreasonable amount he wants. but you can not say i did not make a reasonable offer. i dont see how stating the fact that todd begg sells this for 1800 BRAND NEW, and offering 1500 is unreasonable. who determines what i offer is reasonable? this all seems pretty subjective to buyer/seller opinion. he feels 2000 is a reasonable price, i fell 1500 is. so apparently your telling me he is right i am wrong. again i must ask who determines who is fair/unfair in these situations. i never said "i wish i could afford this" or "why so much?", i simply stated a FACT, and made what i feel is a reasonable offer. and an actually offer. so your telling me because i pointed out the fact that todd begg is still selling these direct for a certain price that is a violation of forum rules? i didnt read in the "rules" pointing out facts is strictly prohibited. and again i did offer an actually offer in U.S dollars for the knife, regardless if yourself or the seller finds it to be "fair".

Pretty easy. Just do not post anything remotely negative in someone else's for sale thread. Do not post offers in a for sale thread. People pay for the right to sell here and the mods will take action when someone takes any type of negative action in someone else's for sale thread. Not hard to understand a warning for what was posted at all.

thank you bastid for almost making a point. feel free to further explain how i said something negative please. no where did it say "only dm me offers" nor do i believe pointing out what the maker is selling for compared to his asking price is negative. never would of thought such delicate emotion could exist on a blade forum.

kimchii, your comment in the sales thread suggests he is asking too much. Other people may consider purchasing the item and your comment could persuade them to not make the purchase, so it interferes with his ability to sell the item.

its amazing it took the 4th person to explain that rationally. Thanks KP, that makes sense, i apologize to the seller then if i caused any interference with the sale. Not my intention.

So hard to grasp reality?

Your second post on the boards was eerily similar. At least you offered something this time.

Offers lower than the asking price are generally best kept to emails or private messaging. My opinion of course.

not hard at all, just difficult to understand the mentally challenged.

You're not doing yourself any favours here mate. You acted in an inappropriate way in a sales thread and when you were picked up on it you've had a go at the mods explaining it to you. Realizing your error was a step in the right direction but having a go at the mods is not cool. This behavior doesn't make you look good or smart or impressive. To this Aussie at least it makes you look like a troll. I would strongly suggest an attitude adjustment before your behavior gets you in trouble here in the interwebs or out in the real world where trolls have nowhere to hide.

you want to make condescending comments toward me i will treat you accordingly. ms. c becker, i challenge your credentials against mine and see 'how far' either of us have made it. that $50 motorcycle i assume has taken you the furthest you'll ever go.

you want to make condescending comments toward me i will treat you accordingly. ms. c becker, i challenge your credentials against mine and see 'how far' either of us have made it. that $50 motorcycle i assume has taken you the furthest you'll ever go.

Take the advice you were given and move on. Keep running your mouth and you're out of here.

Last edited:
You are the person who is being condescending and confrontational. You can't pretend it isn't the case. You can't dodge responsibility for your own behavior. Everyone else here has acted like an adult. Learn your lessons while they're free mate. With that I at least will bid you farewell.

wow, thats almost some great advice chris. maybe people on a knife forum may be taking their virtual life just a little too serious. a troll huh, well i invite you to houston texas where my company just relocated me, and lets see how that conversation will go. no where to hide is amusing. i am not a person who lets someone speak to me as if they are superior for having some sort of policing power on a forum. and what is this trouble you speak of? oh my god a restricted account?!?! or worse... banned from a forum?!? unlike yourself the thought of either of those things happening to me, well i guess you could say zero fucks would be given. at this point it is just humorous to see people like yourself get all worked up over this. the mod that originally corrected me is a fool for not being able to properly explain what was done wrong. and you chris are an australian twat who thinks call people trolls is a forum civic duty. the best part in being successful is i dont have to adjust my attitude for virtual keyboard warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back