MI Spring Gathering

Man that looks like you guys had a great time. One day...
I know that is a bunch that I would love to hang out with.

well...if that gets you a father/son hike, then i'd say it's going to a good cause. ;)

btw...i already bought one of those Lansky Crock Stix sharpeners. i liked that. thanks for getting it out.

I'm having trouble remembering all the model names for the JK's I now have to add to the want list, it's not the worst problem to have

It was one heck of a table of knives

You really only need one more. DBH DBH DBH......

Great photos and write up - and a good memory too!

best

mqqn

These MI Gatherings just keep getting better and better! Thanks again to everyone for making the trip to Michigan, and for your generous contributions to our weekend fun. We always eat like kings, party like rock stars and laugh like crazy people. I hope to see you all again this Fall!

Also, GREAT photos and play-by-play reports guys!

Jeff

Last edited:
Man that looks like you guys had a great time. One day...
I know that is a bunch that I would love to hang out with.

You are ALWAYS mentioned at the Gatherings. I hope you can make it some day.

Jeff

You are ALWAYS mentioned at the Gatherings. I hope you can make it some day.

Jeff
That's kinda scary.:eek:
I hope something nice is said.:D

Well said, glad you liked the lansky, haven't found better for the price, and it's fairly me proof too!

well...if that gets you a father/son hike, then i'd say it's going to a good cause. ;)

btw...i already bought one of those Lansky Crock Stix sharpeners. i liked that. thanks for getting it out.

It's all good Mack, promise :)

That's kinda scary.:eek:
I hope something nice is said.:D

Last edited:
Hey Glenn. I drove from VT. I see you are in NH. Maybe we could carpool to the next one. ;)

Sounds like a blast. I'm sure there's all kinds of trouble we could get into...:cool:

However, I don't think "the boss" would understand a roadtrip like that. :(

For now, I'll have to live vicariously through everyone else's adventures...

Sounds like a blast. I'm sure there's all kinds of trouble we could get into...:cool:

However, I don't think "the boss" would understand a roadtrip like that. :(

For now, I'll have to live vicariously through everyone else's adventures...

yup. i understand.

tin handle not going so well :(
100_6594_zps54e9e887.jpg

future champion?
100_6588_zpsd0d906c3.jpg

that's a great pic Peter. and, don't sweat the handle...it'll come together. believe me...i can relate. ;)

thanks, todd

broke another set of scales this evening (never broken them before either) I've got a third set gluing on now, needless to say they are nto well fitted, didn't want to push my luck again, see if sanding goes better then cutting for it ;)

that's a great pic Peter. and, don't sweat the handle...it'll come together. believe me...i can relate. ;)

That`s why I`m not a big fan of burls, seem to have a lot of flaws in them.

I can see why, I think the first set were my own fault, tried to force the pin, but the second was likely the wood. At least I don't have any more of it, shame it was a nice grain.

Back