1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Morris Custom Utility Knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by thejamppa, Mar 2, 2010.

1. thejamppa

thejamppa

Aug 20, 2009
    Hello everyone!

I today received my first custom made knife. Knife was made by Michael Morris, also posting here under name mykulmorris. As always, his workman ship is top notch. I planned originally to get wharncliffed blade but as for general use, belly might be handy so I went for regular blade share... for now.

Based on Morris' EDC 60 design with slightly larger 3" blade( original had 2 3/8" blade ) and otherwise modifieds lightly design to keep porpotions correct. I chose desert Ironwood as scales as I heard they are very good scales for knives. Pins are nickel-silver ones instead brass pins.

General goal was to get a good and quite compact utility knife that still would fill my hand and be enough for most utility work. Goal has been succeeded in my opinion well. This knife feels really good on my hands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michael, if you're reading this: Thank you!

2. LUW

LUW

Nov 24, 2009
    That looks terrific! Congrats! [​IMG]
    How long is it overall?

3. klhayes77

klhayes77

Nov 28, 2008
    I have one of his pocket filers it is a awesome little knife and well made. Great craftsmanship.:D:thumbup:

4. klhayes77

klhayes77

Nov 28, 2008
    I have one of his pocket filers it is a awesome little knife and well made. Great craftsmanship.:D:thumbup:

5. thejamppa

thejamppa

Aug 20, 2009
    LUW: Its roughly 7" overall length. With 3" Blade and 4" handle this is very nicely balanced and nice sized knife.

6. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator

Sep 2, 2004
    That looks like nice little knife to carry and use. Ironwood makes a nice handle and it looks good on that knife.

7. mykulmorris

mykulmorris

Jul 8, 2007
    Thanks for the kind words Jamppa, Cheers!
    -M

8. stanley_white

stanley_white

Nov 28, 2001
    Michael Morris rules! I have one of his Pocket Filers and love it! Both my friends and my Brother-in-Law have bought from him too and are beyond satisfied!

-Stan

9. Dag-nabit

Dag-nabit

Jan 6, 2009
    That is a nice looking knife, I'm partial to DI/DIB so that really hits home. I have one Michael Morris knife and it is a great little user. Not as fancy as yours, but a sweet little knife all the same. :thumbup:

Kevin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pvicenzi

pvicenzi

Dec 25, 2008
    Nice knife, but the first picture scared me. I thought the tip was broke off.

11. thejamppa

thejamppa

Aug 20, 2009
    I never noticed that, I should take better pictures I think. Dag-Nabit: That is excellent looking user.

12. Tostig

Tostig

Jun 16, 2009
    Awesome little knife , very sturdy looking tool.

Tostig

13. Reeek

Reeek

Aug 16, 2008
    I have a nice Michael Morris file knife too. Great knife!

14. CountyRat

CountyRat

May 7, 2009
    Congratulations, and welcome to the world of custom knives! They are treasures that can be used and enjoyed for many lifetimes. Be careful though, they are addictive, and once you have one, you might get spoiled an "need" more!

15. mdauben

mdauben

Oct 24, 2005
    Nice! I too have one of Mike's "Pocket Filers" and I've been thinking about getting another of his knives and I really like that one.

16. boness

boness

Oct 26, 2003
    Very Nice !