Motorcycle and blade pairings?

I'm just curious. What knife would you pair with a specific kind of bike? Not really thinking about what would be practical, just what you would expect the rider to have. Something that would fit the bike.

I think traditional fixed blades or folders would go great with a cruiser.

Butter knife with a scooter.

If you have a special model in mind that's even better.

I generally carry both a traditional and modern folder; and I add a fixed blade when I can. I don't really choose my knife according to what I'm riding...the only real exception to that would be eliminating certain fixed blades on the sport bike (mainly due to sheath position).

I ride a dirty V-Strom. I usually have a Sebenza and a Victorinox Pioneer in pocket. I don't think that's stereotypical, though.

I ride a sport bike and carry whatever it is I'm carrying that day. Usually a sebenza, Ritter grip, or 940. I avoid blades with slippery clips because I don't want to lose any! When I had a Bradford guardian 3 the sheath was temporarily attached behind my windscreen so that it was always on my bike. I didn't like leaving it there when I was parked for extended periods of time though.

I don't know about pairings, but when I'm on the bike an MT get's priority for me. Some other considerations for my dedicated blades, are that they don't poke me in the leg in my riding position, don't fall out of my back pocket while riding, or don't require a belt pouch because it interferes with my riding jacket... even though I prefer a pouch when I'm not riding.

My normal bike knife(longer trips) would most definitely be my orange Ritter mini grip. I wear shorts when I ride in the Summer and my mini grip has amazingly strong retention. For short trips I bring along whatever I happen to be carrying that moment. Oh and I ride an 87' KLR 650.

An adventure tourer gets a large bushcraft knife and the chopper goes with a godfather.

Whatever is in my pocket or on my belt. Usually a Buck 99.9% of the time. Sometimes I'll add a Military or PM2 if I'm feeling pretty :D:rolleyes:

'06 FLHTCUI

SuperTool 300 under the seat permanently. Just in case.
I actually keep a small toolbag on the bike with tools specific to the bike. However, I still like to have something on my person, and an extra pair of pliers tends to come in handy now and then.

I have a Victorinox GAK that goes nicely with my BMW K75. A SOG ParaTool added to the tool kit, too.

sane as any other day. Whatever I grabbed. Never chose my knife do to the bike I was taking.

When I ride have a Leatherman (ST200, 300, Wave or one of the budgets - Rev, Sidekick or Wingman) and a folder which is usually an Emerson.

I generally don't tweak my carry items depending on what i am riding - but more on what I anticipate doing. At Bike Week and Biketoberfest, or other rallies, weight is a consideration to the ST300 becomes a Rev or Skeletool and a Spyderco Salt usually winds up being the folder. With more riding than walking, weight is not so much an issue.

If we're taking the DR650 in the woods, I will sometimes keep a folding saw or larger Becker in the box.

HD Road King
HD Sportster
Suzuki DR650

I actually keep a small toolbag on the bike with tools specific to the bike. However, I still like to have something on my person, and an extra pair of pliers tends to come in handy now and then.

Same here. Most KLR's come with a tool bag and a compartment to keep em' in. I added a few things to that like a 3/8th socket set. Too bad I only decided to do this whenever my chain flung off the sprocket and left me on top of a mountain, haha.

Back