Mud Turtle Passaround

Yummy!!! I bet a lot of folks have never had the pleasure - those are good eating.

Nice picture.

best

mqqn

Well my time with the Mud Turtle has come and gone. It's now on a one way trip back up north to Heath, thanks for the opportunity to check this out.
I normally carry large folding knife for daily use around the farm. My experiences with fixed blades has been limited to cane knives and skinners, never really carried one for utility sake.
Initial impressions of the knife were I would slightly radius all of the handle edges(just my preference), the handle filled my hand nicely (I wear 2xl gloves), and felt light weight for its size(as I noted not a lot of fixed blade experience but comparing to my similar sized J. Hoover the Mud Turtle felt light in the hand virtually weightless in the belt sheath).
IMG_5123.JPG

The Mud Turtle preformed well in every task I asked of it. Just a few :
Trimming a Teflon fifth wheel disc
IMG_5148.JPG

Cutting reinforced suction line
IMG_5168.JPG

Cutting strips of a truck bed mat
IMG_5170.JPG

And had this great find while walking and checking a few soybeans !
IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG
After this I gave the blade a simple cleaning and gave the edge a fresh touch up, which was a pleasure to do with the O1, and sent it packing.

Thanks again to Heath for setting this up !

Excellent pictures - your cutting tasks really put the knife into play, and I learned something about fifth-wheel setups....

Very cool to find the arrowhead - they are around out there, and that one is a beauty.

Thanks for taking time to take pictures and post your review!

best

mqqn

Awesome find!

My grandpa farmed all his life and he has boat load of arrow heads that he has found over the years. We actually have two Indian mounds right on the outskirts of the hunting club. Alot of people in Louisiana like to think that their were villages on top of the mounds, but they were really used to escape the flood waters when the Mississippi rose to high.

Its nice to know the Mud Turtle performed well for you. Thats some mighty fine tasks to put that knife to the test.

Back