My AFCK needs a little buddy!!

I have recentley bought an AFCK and I need a new knife for a second carry. What would work good with this knife?

Reqirerments:

1: The blade must be under 4 inches long.

2: It may not cost more than $180.

3: May be axis lock, liner lock, or frame lock only.

4: Must have a black clip.

THANX :cool:

940/942 is a great knife. If you like the AFCK, check out the mini-AFCK. I had one for six years, and it was a great little knife.

The 705 could be just the ticket for you. Just a tad under a 3 in blade. Great sturdy little knife, axis lock, for about 100 bucks. :D
Bruce

Get a BM 551 Griptilian Drop-Point. It's only about $70, has an Axis-Lock, black clip, about 3-1/2" blade. When I first got it, it seemed too puny, but it's really grown on me (actually, every knife i buy seems to grow on me), especially because of the handle ergonomics. Anyway, it's small and light and a great choice if you want a second, smaller blade. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but I've read only good things about Benchmade's 440C steel.

The only downside is that it uses a partial steel liner like the other budget Axis-lock Benchmades. I doubt this would have any effect on the reliability or durability, and it does keep the weight down. I just like to see full liners in my knife.

How about:
-Camillus EDC in Talonite
-Dick Atkinson Frame Lock (if you want a great gent knife)
Matt

No doubt the best small knife I've bought has been the Emerson mini CQC7B. Super tough it has the same blade thickness as the larger one. The handle is comfortable and whoever said that the chisel edge isn't good for utility is smoking crack. I have it shaving sharp and use it everyday hard. this "small knife has taken the place of two of my bigger knives as an EDC and I use it harder than I used either of the other two. I bought this one as a small back up folder but it has ended up in my front pocket and is the first one I reach for for utility use. can't say enough about this pocket pit bull. if you get one you definately won't regret it.

Brandon

I'd like to thank evereyone for the great suggestions. Went out and
and bought a SOG X-Ray Vison arc lock, and a Kershaw Scallion...
I thank all those who submited there ideas:cool:

thanks for posting a followup. I hate when people ask then never follow up. actually I have to post a followup myself. good luck with the scallion it's super fun to play with

I was there when you bought it Ryan. I also picked up the last Chive the sporting goods store had. When I whipped out the Emersons, the guy at the counter knew the knife knuts were at it again. We played with the SOG, I bought another stone and we ended the day with a trip to a hardware store to get a BM Bluebox for each of us. My aunt just sat there and nodded, she could never understand. She just left us to our knives.

Shade, since you mentioned a "frame-lock" I have to mention the Outdoor Edge Paragee. Like the Camillus EDC, it's a Darrel Ralph design that seems to have been ignored whereas the EDC has been getting all the attention. Anyway, the Paragee construction is flawless (like the EDC) and the stonewashed finish on the AUS-8 blade gives the blade a very nice look.

Back