My BK2 sheath mod...

I had some issues with the nylon loop on the sheath and after watching a YouTube video on a mod to a Gen 1 sheath I decided to try it on the Gen 2. I ordered the ESEE5/6 clip plate on Friday and got it in today. After unwrapping it I noticed that the holes line up almost perfectly with those on the sheath so after a few minutes this is what I got.
PICT0365.jpg

PICT0367.jpg

The screws on this side of the sheath are at a slight angle, but ya can't really tell.
PICT0366.jpg

The sheath now rides a few inches higher and is tight against the body.
PICT0363.jpg

The sheath grip is still really tight and just grabbing the knife handle and pulling still doesn't work smoothly. The clip plate will bend, but pushing off of the sheath with the thumb on the jimping on the sheath works good.
PICT0368.jpg

Don't know if anyone has done this yet, but there it is. :D

Man, I can not believe I posted here before the Moose. Nice job dingobubba. I just talked to the godfather tonight about sheaths for the BK2 & this post shows up. Thanks for the pics, will be a big help when mine gets here. Thanks for showing.
Be safe.
(#15)

Yup, ya beat me. I'm catching a bad cold, so, I been in an out tonight. I like that clip, the only problem I've had with clip knives that aren't J hooks, is that it gets pulled off in the thick brush. A simple Ranger cord (lanyard) to the belt would make that a "not a problem".

I asked Mist about one of the knives he has with a custom sheath with a clip and he said he doesn't have any issues.

Looks good and works, and that sheath will loosen up some over time, but if you want to spin the hands on the clock a little, heat it up with a heat gun and allow it to flex open a little at the throat. Still secure, but easier to get out. Careful not to melt it though.

Moose

Yup, ya beat me. I'm catching a bad cold, so, I been in an out tonight. I like that clip, the only problem I've had with clip knives that aren't J hooks, is that it gets pulled off in the thick brush. A simple Ranger cord (lanyard) to the belt would make that a "not a problem".

I asked Mist about one of the knives he has with a custom sheath with a clip and he said he doesn't have any issues.

Looks good and works, and that sheath will loosen up some over time, but if you want to spin the hands on the clock a little, heat it up with a heat gun and allow it to flex open a little at the throat. Still secure, but easier to get out. Careful not to melt it though.

Moose

Thanks guys.

Moose... I too had concerns with it popping off the belt. I tugged on it hard about a dozen times and it stayed put(not saying that it can't happen). Now without a belt, cuz I don't always wear a belt, after 3 tugs it came off so wearer beware.

Yup, ya beat me. I'm catching a bad cold, so, I been in an out tonight. Moose

Take care my man, wouldn't be the same if you weren't on here at least once a day. Quite running around in your yard naked & chopping things at night, at least put some shoes & a hat on . . . :D
(dingobubba, sorry for the intrusion, something he said the other night, couldn't help myself. . . :D ).
Be safe.
(#16)

Thanks for posting this, I was getting hope but once i see the hook for belt attachment i cringe because like others have said it'll come off! But tell us how it works for you.

Thanks for posting this, I was getting hope but once i see the hook for belt attachment i cringe because like others have said it'll come off! But tell us how it works for you.

Well I only had it since yesterday, but I really like it. No problems yet with it coming off unexpectedly. I really like the gen 2 sheath and wanted something that would firmly hold it in place and to be removed without taking off my belt. For less than $15 shipped... what the hey. :D

Back