My First Khukuri- a 15" AK by Sanu!!!

Ad

When I opened the package, my first impression of this knife was that I was blown away by the true quality that oozes from this blade. Quality through and through. It is a 15" silver-mounted AK by Sanu with engraved handle and engraved blade. The blade actually has a dragon engraved on either side of the blade, contoured to fit the blade perfectly. Uncle Bill told me that the blade was silver mounted with an engraved handle, but the two dragons come as a total surprise. The balance is perfect and the blade has an overall delicate feel to it. Sort of like when you compare a forged Colt SAA to a cast Ruger Vacquero. The Colt is delicate and light. So, too, is this khukuri. With this kind of balance, I don't think it would be a problem wielding even a 20" AK. I am truly blown away by this khukuri. I want to say thank you to Uncle Bill and Sanu for giving me the privilege of owning such a nice blade and also for giving me such a great deal on the knife. I have owned a Randall model 14 for about 15 years now, and with all due respect to Randall, this blade is far superior in every respect. It has a thousand times more character, too. I've got the virus bad.

Silver mounted......engraved blade....AND A CARVED HANDLE ?????? Man, these withdrawal symptoms can sure cramp you up:rolleyes:

I am more than satisfied. It is one of the few times in my life where the old adage, "You get what you pay for" is thrown clear out the window. I got way more than what I bargained for. Thank you.

Congrats Ad, you got a fine khukuri by a fine Kami.

Sounds like you have one beautiful Khukuri. Those crazy Kamis you never know what they're going to come up with next. You do realize what this means don't you? Betcha can't just eat one! ENJOY!!

Gongrats Ad!!!!:)
You surely won't regret your first khukuri from H.I. and it worms a place in your heart and no matter how many other favorites you might aquire this one will always be the most important one.

And it's hard to believe the amount of quality received when you get an H.I.Khukuri. And before anyone gets their very first khukuri all the info one has is what the rest of us write and the pix that Uncle Bill posts.
It's all good information, but nowhere near what a khukuri in the hand shows and tells us.
We're almost always used to getting less than what we expect and when we get more than we expected it always blows us away.

Congratulations Ad!!

I love to read this first knife reviews! Brings back all my great memories of my first khuk(20" AK).:) Thanks for great review and hope to see you around the cantina:)

Rob

Sounds like a Sweet AK. Wait a minute all HI's are sweet! Just becarefull showing it off. Your friends might get sick with envy and want it really BAD.

Heber Ellsworth

Ad: Congrats! Ya know the only thing better than your first HI Khuk is.............Your Second:p ;) :D !!!! Seriously, It sounds like you got a real winner, but this doesn't suprise me in the least. If Uncle sells it, you can bet your boxers it's top quality. The 15" silver mounted AK is on my list, but it may have climbed a few rungs since your review!

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Craig

Back