My latest: JC1

Aloha ALL,

Just wanted to share my latest out of the Boker Plus line. It's called the JC1, (it's named after my daughter due to the fact that I fine tuned a design she did years ago). It was supposed to have a thumbstud, but Boker left it off...probably due to the new laws there in Germany.

However, this is a super comfortable EDC folder, and I may have to carry this one tip down. Yes, for those who know me, I usually carry tip up, but those familiar with a certain opening method with a "round eye arachnid" will understand why.

So here we go, some pics of the JC1, dedicated to my daughter Jacy:

DSCF41122.jpg

DSCF41132.jpg

DSCF41182.jpg

DSCF41262.jpg

Here is the JC1 next to the Pink SubCom42. Just a bit more handle length makes a BIG diff in the handling! Well, that and the way the JC1 is angled...lotta leverage due to the negative blade angle!!!
DSCF41192.jpg

JC1 next to the under rated HYPER and the SubCom Titan...
DSCF41202.jpg

JC1 next to my daughter's Glock 22...(YES...HER Glock 22!)
DSCF41272.jpg

I can see why Boker described it as a, "folding EDIT"...
DSCF41212.jpg

Anyway, just thought I'd share and mahalo for everything ALL!
Take care!

Hey, man. A really nice design. Will it be available with a thumbstud or any other one hand opening?

Hey, man. A really nice design. Will it be available with a thumbstud or any other one hand opening?

I think if you put a stud in the hole closest to the tang, the uppermost one, it would work real well.
Of course tip up with a ziptie wave ... :)

Aloha sir,

Thanks for your kind words and for checkn out this thread.

Um, as far as I know, NO...it WAS supposed to have a thumbstud but I think it was due to German laws that Boker left it off. However...you familiar with a tip down opening made popular by Spyderco fans?;)

Mahalo and take care!!!

I think if you put a stud in the hole closest to the tang, the uppermost one, it would work real well.
Of course tip up with a ziptie wave ... :)

ALOHA ESAV!!!

My dear friend, you'd be absolutely correct, as that is where the thumbstud WAS located! I took the stud off my XS and it fits, but gonna have to mod the stud and use some epoxy to make it "permanent". Your ziptie idea works well, as I have already "gone there" with it...;)

GREAT to see you...take care!!!

Man......really good looking and useful design. looks like another winner. I can't tell from the picture angles.....frame lock or one of those 42's for those knifelovers and users stuck in oppressive knife law lands?

Either way a nice addition to the line......thanks for sharing......and if your taking suggestions? We clb fans, or at least this clb fan needs a BIG folder. 4" blade, CLB style, with a lock on it, in vg10 steel would be on my wish list. Thanks for listening.;)

Good to see you here with a very sweet new design, a big brother for the biscuit! (Can we call it the cupcake? :) )

I like the under rated HYPER myself, actually, for me, the M-Type. One of the true classics. It is a big knife with a slim profile, practically indestructible, thin blade will slice anything. Great knives for light carry in warm weather.

Man......really good looking and useful design. looks like another winner. I can't tell from the picture angles.....frame lock or one of those 42's for those knifelovers and users stuck in oppressive knife law lands?

Either way a nice addition to the line......thanks for sharing......and if your taking suggestions? We clb fans, or at least this clb fan needs a BIG folder. 4" blade, CLB style, with a lock on it, in vg10 steel would be on my wish list. Thanks for listening.;)

Aloha jbmonkey,

The JC1 is a framelock...NOT a 42.

As for a large CLB Folder...roger that, I got a bunch of those on paper...;) I'll get on submitting them to Boker.

Mahalo and take care!

Good to see you here with a very sweet new design, a big brother for the biscuit! (Can we call it the cupcake? :) )

I like the under rated HYPER myself, actually, for me, the M-Type.
One of the true classics. It is a big knife with a slim profile, practically indestructible, thin blade will slice anything. Great knives for light carry in warm weather.

Aloha my friend,

Cupcake??? Boy that DiAlex definitely started something calling my SubCom a "Biscuit" eh?

I agree on the HYPER and the M-TYPE...not to be biased or anything, but the M-TYPE is indeed a good folder...even in tropical weather!

Take care and mahalo much!

Kamusta ka na Kuya Chad!? Sana nasa mabuti kang kalagayan.

Another functional and winning design; a Subcom with more grip and a dropped edge below the grip line. Shame though it couldn't be one-hand opener though.

Esav said it best with the M-Type -

I like the under rated HYPER myself, actually, for me, the M-Type. One of the true classics. It is a big knife with a slim profile, practically indestructible, thin blade will slice anything. Great knives for light carry in warm weather.

Aloha sir,

Thanks for your kind words and for checkn out this thread.

Um, as far as I know, NO...it WAS supposed to have a thumbstud but I think it was due to German laws that Boker left it off. However...you familiar with a tip down opening made popular by Spyderco fans?

Mahalo and take care!!!

Too bad for the studs but great design nonetheless. I am not a big fan of the zip tie mods, though. On a side note, I'd also love to see some bigger knife designs, I'd add the G4 to the M-Type as a great design that went underrated. Too bad it got discontinued by Germany. :/

Cheers!

Damn Chad, Boker knives don't typically catch my eye, so obviously it's all you! Really nice looking piece of work you have there!

I just saw this one today and went kaboom instantly.
Love my Trance and mourn my Rescom (hope whoever found it is loving it as much as I did), this one has very good potential
Congratulations, Chad, another home run!

-greg

This is quite late.
Delayed this because the design is superb, but the execution is disappointing.
The longer handle feels great, the blade is cool. Finish on the blade and framelock are great.
1. knife is not sharp, that is, dull as a fingernail file. There will be lots of grinding to get this knife sharp.
2. can't open with one hand, no stud, no hole, etc.

A little let down.

Back