My very own forum finally!

Ban, one knife from you and i'm a fan ! That's the Santuko with convex grind to zero. It is by far the best slicer i have ever experienced. it just glides through any edible plant or meat with just the slightest bit of pressure.
I do have other custom kitchen knives for comparison, so i'm impressed to a new level.
Going to the P.O. today and likely my BAN #2 is there, the 9" Convex BT4.
"BT4" means the 4th pattern you developed ?
You say taking it to the "next level". I cannot imagine a higher level of workmanship so i will have to get one of these to find out. What a pleasure for me !
roland

Ban, one knife from you and i'm a fan ! That's the Santuko with convex grind to zero. It is by far the best slicer i have ever experienced. it just glides through any edible plant or meat with just the slightest bit of pressure.
I do have other custom kitchen knives for comparison, so i'm impressed to a new level.
Going to the P.O. today and likely my BAN #2 is there, the 9" Convex BT4.
"BT4" means the 4th pattern you developed ?
You say taking it to the "next level". I cannot imagine a higher level of workmanship so i will have to get one of these to find out. What a pleasure for me !
roland

I am not surprised that the full convexed Santoku is a great slicer. I have seen some really thin and high end kitchen knives perform under full potential because of the edges. And I have also found that the thin flat blades tend to stick to slices of food ie. potatoes. The zero convex edge and the full convex grind should alleviate sticking and maximize cutting efficiency. Well at least that was the plan ;)

BT4 because it just happened to be a 4" blade. Actually 4.5" but close enough ;) It was suppose to be a quick temporary name.

Congratulations on the Forum Ban.
I look forward to seeing more of your great work!
I have an AITOR SURVIVAL from back in the 70s that could use your special skills.
Will contact soon on the details.
All the best,

Congrats on the getting your own forum Ban. I am glad that we will be able to see more of your knife making skills displayed here. :thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats on your own forum Ban!
Ive been a fan of your work for quite a while.
Dont know how I missed this one.

This forum is waaaaaaaaay overdue for the true master of the convex edge!!

Congrats Ban and I hope my name is still on the list somewhere for my BT4.

Back