1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

needing some copper scale help

Discussion in 'SwissBianco' started by gadgetgeek, Jun 28, 2017.

1. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Hey guys, just got some new 91mm copper plus scales, got them glued to my compact, but I'm having a couple problems and want some advice. The pen slot is very loose, not sure how to keep the pen in place. The pin I fixed with a slight bend. The toothpick is very tight, not sure if I should sand it out a bit, same with the tweezers.

Any thoughts? Love the look of it, just want it to work well when I carry it.
    Thanks guys

2. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    I have the copper scales on my explorer and I just about broke my nail off trying to pry the tweezers out. Also thanks to you I noticed how loose the pen is.

I'm putting a small dab of super glue on the edge of the plastic pen tab and am going work the tweezers and toothpick in and out a few times to see if they smooth out and if I have to slightly thin the edges of them until they're easier to deploy but secure.
    Already lost my pin...

3. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I have a set of copper and Ti enroute . .look forward to more field reports.

4. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    I have found that the notch where the pen goes is very susceptible to deformation, so a tiny nudge with a hard object gives just enough grip to hold the pen. GENTLY, copper is soft. I'll probably just take a few swipes with some wet/dry on a bbq skewer to see what comes of the toothpick and tweezers, oddly I don't see anywere on the toothpick that seems to be under stress or marring at all, so not sure what that means.