New ESEE DPx H•E•S•T Folder

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
hestfolder1.jpg

hestfolder2.jpg

INITIAL CONCEPT / FINAL PRODUCT MAY CHANGE

Introducing the ESEE DPx H•E•S•T /F
Hostile Environment Survival Tool / Folding

For the first time the brutal, rugged feel and performance of the DPx HEST fixed blade has been engineered into a hard use frame lock folder. The D2 Tool Steel folder comes with a solid Titanium alloy frame, Rotoblock adjustment, removable glass breaker, a U.S. made Afghan Campaign colored woven lanyard along with a unique and collectible Mr DP adjustment and multi tool. After a global search the firm of Lion Steel was selected to manufacture this knife based on their long heritage of quality and award winning solid titanium folders. The DPx H•E•S•T folder is the collaboration of Robert Young Pelton, Jeff Randall and Mike Perrin. Based on Pelton's hard time in dangerous places, ESEE's commitment to customer satisfaction and Lion Steel's mastery of manufacturing and tolerances.

The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE no questions asked, lifetime warranty to registered owners.

DELIVERY = December 2010
PRICE = Street price is expected to be under $200
RUN - 250 numbered and certified pieces (with special packaging) with concurrent filling of dealer pre-orders

SPECIFICATIONS

D2 Tool Steel Blade
Titanium Titanium 6Al4v GR.5 alloy frame
Patented Lion Steel Rotoblock G10 handle scale
Removable glass breaker (comes with replacement smooth head screw) with pivoting Lanyard attachment.
Special Mr DP Skull Tool adjustment wrench / multi-tool for adjusting RotoBlock, pivot and glass breaker removal tool.

INITIAL DIMENSIONS:
Handle thickness (without clip): .541”
Blade thickness (Max): .187”
Overall length (opened / without glass breaker): 7.625”
Closed length (without glass breaker): 4.38”
Handle Grip Area: 3.80”
Cutting Edge length: 3.10”
Titanium frame thickness: .140”
G10 thickness: .140”

The first 250 serialized pieces will ONLY be available through www.DPxGear.com web site for a limited time. Reservations for numbers will be announced in advance and subject to first come, first serve basis.

Please contact your local dealer to order your DPx HEST/F

Note: this is a rendered photo. Final production finish may change slightly from this photo.

Last edited:
OK, I've been quiet till now- but MUST have! Bravo.
Hey, just realized that my current EDC folder is also D2/Ti/G10, and slightly bigger than this. I find it to be just about the perfect size, but the blade style/extras on the H•E•S•T Folder beat it for sure.

Last edited:
We will be running a certain percentage of the production run in left-hand models.

Holy crap.

I love it. That looks excellent. I take back what I said about the bottle opener.:p

I must have one.

This has taken some time to come together, but it will become my daily carry folder. I've never carried any of our knives as an EDC simply because I like heavy-duty folders. Most of the design elements are in place with this one for me to EDC full time, so carrying anyone else's folder is probably going to become a thing of the past for me once these start shipping ;)

Holy crap.

I love it. That looks excellent. I take back what I said about the bottle opener.:p

I must have one.

The bottle open is unobtrusive in this design, and that's the reason it stayed on there. Also noted the special jimping.

Hi R.A.T -

Definitely in for one!

I like the look of that, and it is everything I anticipated, the right finish, color and style, deep carry clip..... Excellent.

Subscribing to this thread so I can get a shot at a serialized version.

Thanks and best regards -

mqqn

Back