New GEC #13 Congress series (Clerk, Speaker Jack and Whip)

I'm hoping to get in on the stag and micarta whittler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know if they dye before or after they cut the micarta, but pic 1/11 and 11/11 look like natural micarta. Who knows if they will all have the same micarta, but there are pics of micarta.

I don't know if they dye before or after they cut the micarta, but pic 1/11 and 11/11 look like natural micarta. Who knows if they will all have the same micarta, but there are pics of micarta.

They (GEC) don't dye micarta.

I reserved a NF Speaker ebony and a NF Whip in Stag. Crossed fingers. I like the size and look and would gladly buy them both. Cant wait.

I'm excited for some 2 and 3 bladed knives. I've been immeresed in the world of the new 74's for a while now. I'm hoping for some stag and ebony covers as well. Now the wait...

Hey guys I got a question im hoping someone can help me with. I noticed that 2-3 people mentioned ordering #13 Whittlers with stag covers. Myself I ordered Jigged bone because all I see up as cover choices for the whittler on the production schedule are Jigged bone & Micarta. Just wondering what I missed. Trevor :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was just looking at that too, Trevor. Mike has the Northfield stag whittlers on the early reserve, but they're not on the posted production schedule. They do mention that they're still figuring some materials out. I reserved one, so I certainly hope they wind up doing them. Now, do I reserve a Tidioute as well in case they don't do the stag one? Hmm...

Sounds good Mike. At my age I leave myself notes and this way I'll know to put it on my desk, lol. BTW Mike, it seems strange to thank someone for selling me something, but you are the only one to put yourself out with a reserve system and all that entails, so thank you.

+1 on that. CK is doing this one in a really careful way and good for customers. All on standby due to short run. Fewer disappointments that way.

I was hoping to see a Whittler with a pen and coping secondary...But not two pen blades. However I am a fan overall of this pattern.

They can call it whatever they want, but the patterns have names that are a hundred years old (at least). Still, these are what i've been waiting for GEC to do for over 3 years.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do the "Speaker" in ebony and Tortoise! And with THREADED bolsters!

This...,...,

I am curious how the Northfield bolsters will be finished. I hope they are not pinched. While I like them pinched in general, I don't think it works well with the Congress pattern. I would love to see the rat tail make an appearance again, still love my forum congress and looking forward to a slimmer version with a nice pointy wharncliffe blade :D

I was hoping to see a Whittler with a pen and coping secondary...But not two pen blades. However I am a fan overall of this pattern.

Ya I thought two pen blades was an odd configuration also. A coping and a pen would make more sense.

I passed on all of them. I've not been getting fired up by GEC lately...

I'm surprised they went with a sheepsfoot whittler. I think a wharncliffe whittler would have looked much better. It was still a nice surprise.
And after much back and forth I changed my reserve one more time(sorry Mike). I had to go with the clerk in stag. I wanted to go with ebony too. However, I looked over some past northfield knives with ebony, and they almost all had the cloud shield. I dont particularly love that shield. I figured the stag was the safest bet out of all four handle materials listed.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they went with a sheepsfoot whittler. I think a wharncliffe whittler would have looked much better. It was still a nice surprise.

That was my first thought as well Erik. My second was in wondering who wil mod one of the two pen blades. ;):D

Yeah, I was just looking at that too, Trevor. Mike has the Northfield stag whittlers on the early reserve, but they're not on the posted production schedule. They do mention that they're still figuring some materials out. I reserved one, so I certainly hope they wind up doing them. Now, do I reserve a Tidioute as well in case they don't do the stag one? Hmm...

John: I am probably behind you. I've been behind all day! I see the Stag Whittler NF on Mike's site but has been Locked! since I went on to reserve mine. As mentioned above I reserved an ebony speaker and a stag Whip? I'm fine with that, but I did notice the discrepancy. I wonder if Mike realized the problem and locked the reservations until sorted out?

That was my first thought as well Erik. My second was in wondering who wil mod one of the two pen blades. ;):D

I'm excited about the sheepsfoot main.

As to two pen blades, I will likely modify one to be a coping blade. ;)

Back