New Thigh Rigs!

Man, that's AWESOME!

The knife, by the way, is the CG ASH-1.

I can't wait to load up those pouches and head for the woods.
:thumbup:

B

That really is a great rig. I'm still sitting here shaking my head about it, what a great idea.

Pictures do not do this rig justice. It came in today's mail and I've been wearing it ever since.

WOW!

The larger pouch will hold plenty of essentials (i.e. firestarting kit, tinder, signaling, sharpener, etc.) and the two smaller pouches easily accommodate my Surefire L4 in one and Victorinox SwissTool in the other.

Add a means to boil water and a poncho and one would be hard pressed to need much else out in the woods for an unplanned overnight.

Fantastic work Rob. I'm glad to hear that there's another one with my name on it still coming. :)

I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow.

B

Don,

I'll get you some pictures. I plan on testing the whole rig this weekend so I'll have plenty of pics of it loaded, unloaded, dirty, wet, maybe even covered in snow.

:)

B

Following beatles question, looking for a rig that I can also wear on the belt for a small knife like the howling rat. There are time when you don't want to prance your gear and having the option with belt loops would be fantastic.
roger

Excellent, Brian!

Bohdi, can you explain a bit more?

Robert,

I was looking at this sheath as a rig i could wear while riding my ATV or horses. I noticed that there was a clasp towards the inside of the thigh post #7. I was wondering if you or anyone else have experience wearing one of these Thigh Rigs while riding ATVs or horse?

Joel

It would be on the outside. The first batch I got were all lefties.

Alright Don, I managed to walk off this weekend without the camera but I snapped a couple of pics today with the load the sheath easily carries.

Thigh11.JPG

The Trangia comes in another carrier but, with just the cookset, I've got plenty of bases covered for an unplanned night in the woods.

Let's see if I can give you a rundown of what's in my sheath.

Victorinox SwissTool and Surefire L4 in side pouches
Suunto sighting compass
DMT Duofold Fine/Coarse stone
K&M Matchcase with REI matches
Victorinox Outrider
Mini prybar from CountyComm
Orange Windmill lighter
Light My Fire Army firesteel with whistle and Photon microlight
Giant Steve Spangler test tube filled with fatwood shavings and wrapped with Gorilla tape and electrical tape
Two lightsticks
Handkerchief
Small hank (12' maybe) of 550 cord

Plus the big honkin' ASH-1 with a Concealex sheath mounted inside the thigh rig.

Everything is mounted to a basic web belt so I can take it off and put it on without having to thread it through my belt loops.

It's heavy when it's loaded. It is also fully adjustable so you can carry the load where it's most comfortable.

I liked having the pommel of the knife right where my left hand would fall naturally (like a gunfighter) and it was easy to draw and put away.

Having all of my gear right there where my cargo pocket would be was very, very handy. I regularly reached into that center pocket with frozen fingers to get some firestarting materials and, when I moved to a knife in another sheath, found myself struggling to find the big center pocket and two smaller side pouches...'cause they weren't on my other sheaths. :)

Great stuff Rob.

B

Brian,

Is that giant "test tube" an unblown 2-liter bottle?

I have one of those, someone sent me one, do you have a source for them if that is, in fact, one of them thingies? :)

Don

VERY nice, Brian! How'd you dig the neck sheath with the firesteel?

How'd I dig it?! I'm still wearing it!!!

I'll get some pics up in the morning.

For those of you who aren't Rob or me, he's done up an awesome neck sheath for my Victorinox Rucksack with a Light My Fire Mini firesteel on a ball chain.

It's light, I've got my primary bases covered, and it's cool as heck.

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of his other neck sheath on the forum so this may be a first...

Stay tuned,

B

I took a quick shot before shipping. ;)

SAK neck.jpg

Rob,

Can you do that for a Vic SAK Hunter and the same fire steel, you have a Vic Hunter on hand? If so, how much ye ask?

Thanks for the info Brian, I have been looking for more of them. Cool idea on the animal tracks/plaster casts too.

I do have a hunter here. I'm doing those rigs for 30.00.

That's not bad at all. I have to get another Hunter if I get one, mine has 3M stair tape on it for slip-proof grip, that would just gum up the works!

Robert, do you have a CRK Pacific on hand to do a thigh rig with?

Thanks,

Dan

Back