!!!NSFW...nekkid SARsquatch stripper pics inside...must be 18 to ENTER!!!

What exactly do you need ren wax and or frog lube for....?

You don't actually need it ... ;)

Without sounding too much like an infomercial :eek: : Renaissance Wax is a surface protectant used for everything from parchment, vellum, paper, leather, wood, and most ostensibly-- metal. It creates a barrier against surface contamination and oxidation. I know it is not needed for INFI. Heck, some guys want their blades to patina & even form rust, like battle scars-- that's cool :cool: . But the main reason why I use it is because it gives a nice satiny sheen to the steel. Additionally, just like any other waxed surface, it yields a very satisfying "touch." Low drag, silky smooth-- just NICE! It applies very easily, really no way to mess it up...buffs off just as easily...and you're left with what I think <IMHO> is a drop-dead GORGEOUS finish. Plus, if for some reason you want to take it off, it can be reversed like I detailed in one of my previous posts.

I've had very good results with it, but for most hogs it would just be an added step with little to no yield-- pretty much useless. :(

And here's something else about me, even when I recently got finished cutting out some ground running roots from a loblolly pine tree in the cherty clay of my back lot with my beater MMD-- I cleaned the blade with mineral spirits, used a Med. Sharpmaker rod to redefine the apex and then applied 2 coats of Ren. Wax. It's just what I do.

So why do I wax my blades, you ask? For the best reason in the world...just because. Just because I want to. :)

Petey you live very close to me-get over here and start Stripping, I mean ah-Never Mind

I thought you'd never ask...I'll be right over-- just let me finish waxing ;)

<!!!DISCLAIMER!!!....For those of you just tuning in on p. 2, don't not read too much into these posts without perusing the thread in it's entirety-- we now return to our regular programming>

Strippers, waxing, beatings, etc....so many directions to go with this material :rolleyes:...it just boggles the mind :eek:

Oh baby, look at her dimples!!! :eek: --- :thumbup:

I LOVE that look in INFI!!!!

Congrats Petey, ya got a real looker there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Back